• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Norty George

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
George is soooooo lucky I don't eat meat - otherwise he would be in a pie today and I would be wearing a nice new pair of furry slippers:lol:

I got up early to let the outdoor buns out - just pulled a short dressing gown over my naked body - and put some crocs on. Went downstairs and noticed chewed carrier bags - which should have given me a clue as they weren't left in George and Gemma's area. Moved the wood barrier to get out of the kitchen and there was 30L of wooden cat litter spread over the floor:shock:

My little darlings had dug a hole in the bottom of the FULL bag of litter - not the nearly empty one - and had spread it over the kitchen by the door. So I then had to sweep it all up and put it back in the bag of nearly empty litter. It was too early to risk hoovering and wake the neighbours.

I go outside to let the other buns out, the back door blows open and off hops George. Past the other bunnies, past the fence and out where all the cars are parked. Would he let me herd him back inside - no. There was I outside in just a short dressing gown revealing all when I bent down, trying to reach George under the cars with a broom to herd him back into my yard. I daren't leave him to get dressed as there is a cemetery at the end of where the cars are parked and if he got in there I would never find him.

I ended up kneeling on the mud - and then couldn't get up because of my arthritic knees - I so hope no-one was looking!!!

I managed to get him into my yard, he hopped towards the back door (which was closed to stop Gemma getting out) and then he ran past me and out again.

I don't get on with my neighbours and was terrified I would set off their car alarms. George was having a lovely time - he thought it was a game!

Eventually Pippa and Megan came out (two of my cats) and they very helpfully joined in and managed to encourage George back into my yard. He stopped by Faye and Furby and was nose rubbing through the wire when I picked him up. He was most disappointed his little game was over.

George is DEFINITELY a BARC bunny.

How much is the postage to Barnsley?:):)

The bun in question:-

Georgethinking6811.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww that must have been a nightmare for you but I couldnt help giggling :oops: Sounds like George was having a great time though :lol:

I hope you've forgiven him now and haven't been sizing him up for slippers too much :lol:

Bunnies......gotta love 'em :love:

Awwww that must have been a nightmare for you but I couldnt help giggling :oops: Sounds like George was having a great time though :lol:

I hope you've forgiven him now and haven't been sizing him up for slippers too much :lol:

Bunnies......gotta love 'em :love:

I was really cross when I picked him up - partly because I knew that if he ran to the end of where the parked cars are I would have lost him forever and a fox would have got him - but when I looked in his little face, I melted. I did tell him off but he was totally unconcerned and hopped off to eat his breakfast noms.

George was a BARC bun who had been left behind when his owners moved, in a hutch with no food, hay or water. When I first adopted him he would eat and eat as soon as his noms appeared, whereas now he would much rather play (and be norty) and go back to noms later.

I didn't enjoy my morning exercise and I will be mortified if anyone saw me (I back onto an industrial estate), but part of me is so pleased George seems to have forgotten his past trauma.

I think that if a bun is being naughty/cheeky then they are happy and it sounds like George is a very lucky bun and he loves you despite the grief. All the stories I've read about BARC bunnies are amazing, must be something in the water up there :lol:

Back