• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

baytril

hi, jedi was prescribed this for an abcess in his ear, i definatley saw a massive improvement around day three to four but the difference in his behavouir came before the difference in appearance of the abcess, we are still treating it but i have confidence in it now , he is a baby coming up to 4 months and has grown alot in the last few days also.

:) thanks jedi and jane, coco's got a miner ear infection,
last friday i could tell something wasn't quite right with him so off to the vets, vet found a few ear mites and a bit of inflamation in his ear, so she put him on a course of baytril, he was also loseing his balance (not actualy falling over but wobbly ) when he binkyed so as a precaution she also put him on panacur,she did mention EC. he seems a bit better as he's started eating his pellets again with gusto, last week he would only eat hay and herbs, i did think it might have been his teeth, but she checked them and said they were fine, his back at vets in 2 weeks for the next course of zeno 450 for the mites.

thanks jane, his not had any anti-inflamertry,
all he had was panacur
xeno 450
baytril
baytril injection and vomend injection (as he was not eating properly)
:wave:

jane, the vet didn't mention pain relief, i know i should have mentioned it to her :oops: i just never thought as i was so worried about him, his had the baytril now for 4 days and i've seen some improvement, tonight when i came home from work, he dived into his pellets first time since fri/sat :D and now running round the kitchen, xxxx

Back