• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Advice

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hi

so as some off you may have read i'm adopting a bunny called Ben to try and bond with Whisky,

what i wanted to know is when i collect him on Saturday do i have to give him time to settle in before i show him Whisky?? as i don't have much space here and not sure where i will keep him.

also Ben has rather long hair and i wanted to know a good brush to use that will stop him getting matted but not hurt him?

One more thing will whiskys toys have her sent on and will i have to replace these or should he be OK?

Last edited:
Hi

so as some off you may have read i'm adopting a bunny called Ben to try and bond with Whisky,

what i wanted to know is when i collect him on Saturday do i have to give him time to settle in before i show him Whisky?? as i don't have much space here and not sure where i will keep him.

also Ben has rather long hair and i wanted to know a good brush to use that will stop him getting matted but not hurt him?

One more thing will whiskys toys have her sent on and will i have to replace these or should he be OK?

I would definitely keep Ben quarantined for at least 7 days. This is just my personal opinion, some people may think that immediate introduction is OK. When you do introduce him to Whisky it needs to be done in a totally neutral area, somewhere neither of them know.

Do the Rescue offer any support with bonding ?

I find a comb aswell as a brush better for managing very long fur. I use a wide toothed metal comb. However, if the fur is already matted he may need to have the mats clipped out as trying to comb/brush them out would be too painful and it may result in his skin being torn.

Again, are the Rescue not giving you advice about this ?

There is some more information here:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/longhairNov07.pdf

As for the toys, yes they will carry Whisky's scent and in the initial bonding phase I would remove the toys. This will give you the opportunity to wash them

I would definitely keep Ben quarantined for at least 7 days. This is just my personal opinion, some people may think that immediate introduction is OK. When you do introduce him to Whisky it needs to be done in a totally neutral area, somewhere neither of them know.

Do the Rescue offer any support with bonding ?

I find a comb aswell as a brush better for managing very long fur. I use a wide toothed metal comb. However, if the fur is already matted he may need to have the mats clipped out as trying to comb/brush them out would be too painful and it may result in his skin being torn.

Again, are the Rescue not giving you advice about this ?

There is some more information here:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/longhairNov07.pdf

As for the toys, yes they will carry Whisky's scent and in the initial bonding phase I would remove the toys. This will give you the opportunity to wash them

hi thanks for your help i'm having a talk on Wednesday so i can ask some questions then but if he needs somewhere to stay like a cage in doors before i can try and bond him i need to sort that out before Saturday so that's why i'm asking :)

Back