• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The preloved bun from Wakefield UD HOMED!! see post 24

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you will recall the thread about a bun on preloved in Wakefield.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?344389-wish-i-lived-in-yorkshire-(

He was in one of those very small 3 ft indoor cages with only a tray of cat litter and no hay or rabbit food at all - he had been there a year - ever since someone got him for their grandchild and they lost interest . .

much as one cannot save all the buns in the world this little chap looked so very sad . . so between myself and Angie65 . . we got him out of there . . . Angie 65 said it was even worse than it looked on the photo - there were three dogs in the room banging on the cage, the place was uuuurrrgggghhhh, and they had never fed him rabbit food.

He has now come to me, and when well enough will go onward to a new home which is lined up . . (we had a few offers and we chose one with most space and the chance to be outside after such a cramped start in life ).

Unfortunately he is really very very small for his age still - feels like a 4 month old rather than a year - no muscle or anything, and so it will be a while before I trust him to be neutered -

Apparently at first he was totally petrified and shook like a leaf if you touched him - but today, his first day with us after a 3 hour drive this morning, he was gaining more confidence and did not run away into a corner everytime you looked at him.

He loves his hay and was amazed to see all the other rabbits running round!!

Here is the little chap -

he has lovely fuzzy ears and a little mane . .

96d6ad38.jpg

591a14bc.jpg

a happy end for this little 'starfish' at least . . .

PS the hairy arms are my partners not mine:lol:

PPS the carry cage shot was just when he first arrived - he is now in a Forsham arks very large hutch - the 7ft x3ft ones.

Last edited:
No hay OR rabbit food???? What did the poor darling eat?

I hope he soon plumps up and settles into being a healthy happy bun that rules the roost at his fantastic sounding new home. :love::love::love:

No hay OR rabbit food???? What did the poor darling eat?

I hope he soon plumps up and settles into being a healthy happy bun that rules the roost at his fantastic sounding new home. :love::love::love:

they said they fed him on any scraps of veg and fruits they had left over from the stuff for themselves - in the original photo he seemed to have a whole apple in the cage - :shock:

the incredible thing was the lady told me she had horses . . . . so why on earth did they never give him hay??????

He looks like he already trusts in you and knows that he has come to a place where he will be loved and understood :love::love:

What a rotten start he had in life, but what a lucky chappy now! :love:

Does he have a name? :D

he's gorgeous :D he's landed on his paws too! hope he eats up all his noms and grows well with you. this fuzzy little chap looks like he's a determined bunbun! xoxo

UPDATE: This morning the little chap (Minstrel was his name - not sure whether to keep it) bounded forward to greet us when we took the night over off the hutch!!

I should be clear that this is not his forever home . . he will be going onward to a new home which is lined up, as soon as well and healthy.

we also have a very loving and docile pair of mature lads up for adoption that were brought to me . . which will go up as 'in need' for adoption as soon as I have photos!

Wonderful update. I hope he continue to improve but by the sound of it, he have landed on his paws and he is very lucky to have you in his life to help him on his journey to his forever home. :love:

i remember this. so happy he has been saved from where he was. he's so lovely. :love: i don't think he looks like a minstrel :? new start new name? :D

Sad story - with a happy ending.
Hope he can go to his forever home soon and start the life he should have always had (his new life has started already with all the care you'll give him).
He's small, yes, but still a handsome boy.:love:

UPDATE: This morning the little chap (Minstrel was his name - not sure whether to keep it) bounded forward to greet us when we took the night over off the hutch!!

I should be clear that this is not his forever home . . he will be going onward to a new home which is lined up, as soon as well and healthy.

we also have a very loving and docile pair of mature lads up for adoption that were brought to me . . which will go up as 'in need' for adoption as soon as I have photos!

Sorry to derail a little.....but are the older buns a bonded pair or two singles?

Poor little mite....he seems ti kniw hes in a much better place now

Back