• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ages for vaccs/neuter/bonding?

ChloeBunny

Warren Scout
Hello again :thumb:

Now I have Morris whois 8 weeks old Ive been working out when he can have vaccs etc before bonding.

Original plan was for Chloe to go dating in August with an already neutered boy but thats out of the window now :lol:

Please can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong on timings :D

My vet is still doing single vaccs 2 weeks apart (well they were few weeks ago when Chloe had hers) so I'm thinking he can go for myxi at 12 weeks, VHD at 14 weeks and neuter 15-16 weeks ish? Then 6-8 weeks after the snip for hormone settling before bonding? I make that early October? Or am I being totally thick? :lol:

Nope, that sounds about right, assuming the vaccination times are fine. I've never had a baby bunny so don't know how early they can be done.

Boys can be neutered as soon as their testicles drop. Most people say this is around 12 weeks, but it depends on the bun and how obliging they are! 15-16 weeks sounds pretty good assuming his plums are in by then. You're also right to give him a bit of space afterwards, so your estimations will be bang on :D You've obviously done your research.

Is Chole already spayed?

Thanks for that :) Yes Chloe is spayed. She had her op and vaccs middle of May so she is ready to go so to speak :lol:

Back