• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple Branches U/D Pic added

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
We are going out to see if we can find some apple trees this afternoon. There are lots of fruit tress out the back of where I live. Can the buns eat all types of apple trees?

Last edited:
They can but please be careful that you are 100% sure they are apple. It's hard to differentiate between fruit trees at this time of year and apart from pear, other fruit wood is poisonous :(

Thanks :) We have been out and bought back some branches. The OH is researching them carefully before we feed them to the buns.

Here is a picture of what we have. Not sure if you can tell from the photo if its apple.

Apple.jpg

It looks like apple, soft and whitish undersides? Cherry leaves (which buns can't have) are bigger and shinnier. Plums would be the other common fruit tree - not sure what their leaves are like.

Thanks :) We have been out and bought back some branches. The OH is researching them carefully before we feed them to the buns.

Here is a picture of what we have. Not sure if you can tell from the photo if its apple.

Apple.jpg

Sorry no I can't be sure. There are so many varieties of apple and each one varies + plum can look very similar. Please don't feed it unless you have actually seen apples produced from the tree you have pruned :wave:

Ok we will throw them away. Only cut about 5 branches anyway.

Hopefully in a few weeks there will be fruit and we can be sure :)

Ok we will throw them away. Only cut about 5 branches anyway.

Hopefully in a few weeks there will be fruit and we can be sure :)

You've done the right thing :thumb: I'd hate for anything bad to happen :(

Do you have some hawthorn you can snip instead? The buns are going bananas for it here :lol::love:

Back