• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a local hay supplier please (Gloucestershire)

ChloeBunny

Warren Scout
Hi, hope this is in the right section.

For the last couple of months Ive been getting my hay in big bags from the Range and it's been great but they must store it outside before it goes into the shop as recently the bags have been wet and some of the hay has been very damp, I had to dig quite a way through the pile to find an ok one :( Im now worried about having a reliable source :(

I dont like buying online as most companies use couriers and they always try to deliver when I'm working and my neighbours aren't very nice so I'd love to know if anyone knows of a good hay supplier near to me that has good quality cheap(ish) meadow hay?

I live in Cheltenham but can easily travel to Tewkesbury, Gloucester, Evesham etc

OH has seen small ads in shop windows for hay but youve no way of knowing if its any good/pesticides used etc can anyone help?

:thumb:

Thankyou :thumb: have emailed them to ask if I can collect if not I'll have to bribe my dad with a nice fathers day pressie and see if he'll take the delivery for me :roll:

Hi, hope this is in the right section.

OH has seen small ads in shop windows for hay but youve no way of knowing if its any good/pesticides used etc can anyone help?

To be honest hun, I have never known a hay crop sprayed with pesticide. In my experience, baled hay has been far superior to anything in a bag;)

You get buy Kimberley hay and straw at Ponderosa (Dundry Nurseries), which is on Staverton Lane. However it's about £5+ the last time I bought it. It's nice stuff, but for about the same price you can buy bales at several farms on Tewkesbury Rd (I think that's what it's called) which is the road between Coombe Hill and Gloucester. This is what I use for my bunnies. I didn't like the Range hay much as I found it very bitty.

You get buy Kimberley hay and straw at Ponderosa (Dundry Nurseries), which is on Staverton Lane. However it's about £5+ the last time I bought it. It's nice stuff, but for about the same price you can buy bales at several farms on Tewkesbury Rd (I think that's what it's called) which is the road between Coombe Hill and Gloucester. This is what I use for my bunnies. I didn't like the Range hay much as I found it very bitty.

Thanks for that I'll go up there tomorrow and have a look before trying to get a bale as that would be hard to store.

Sorry it's Bamfurlong Lane, not Staverton. It's not far from the airport anyway.

:lol: I googled the place and it came up Bamfurlong Lane so no worries :) Bonus that itsin a garden centre as I need to get a fathers day pressie for my dad who is coming round at 2pm :oops::lol:

Back