• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shut them in earlier than usual or leave them out later?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I can't decide. We are going out for OH's birthday, I can either shut them in the hutch (6x2, 2 levels) at 7 or leave them access to the run until we get back (midnight at the latest I'd have thought).

I know that if the run is secure enough for them to be out during the day then theoretically it should be secure enough to leave them out at night, but I always leave them in the hutch over night as I am paranoid! :roll: They are usually in bed by half 10.

I am putting way too much thought into this!!

If you are that worried shut them in earlier...you will only worry otherwise and won't enjoy your evening. Maybe stuff a cereal box with hay and some extra pellets to keep them busy?

Shut them in earlier - err on the side of neuroticism, is the way I usually go when fretting about the chickens. Also, the animals don't care, not really.

Back