• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FINALLY got a litter tray big enough for 2 Frenchies. A lot of pics!

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Mummy, you are silly, what is this????

7a1a6986.jpg

Oh, it's for ME???

ee3c43a7.jpg

37d33026.jpg

de262d4c.jpg

74a3d681.jpg

5892f715.jpg

2a7c1537.jpg

64055af0.jpg

66e3fa5c.jpg

And we already used it for our, ahems, business!!

47d5a0fe.jpg

Congratulations if you made it this far!

As with all things big, I had to buy this from America and it's actually... a catering colander and tray!!!! Haha but it is so perfect.

I always felt terrible as they've grown and tried to squeeze into a cat litter tray together. They can now relax together in their new tray!

Last edited:
That's great sorry I didn't see the other tray underneath the one with holes where did you buy that I wouldn't mind one a them or 2 :wave:

It's the idea of rabbitlitterbox.com BUT he felt it would cost too much to ship to UK. And honestly, the price nearly did for me too but the exchange rate is favourable ATM and there is just nothing else like it on the market (believe me, I looked!)

Anyway, they are from here;
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/whi...x-5-food-box-deep-drain-tray/7001826DWH.html*
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/whi...ood-storage-box-26-x-18-x-6/700182606WH.html*

Shipping is $67.

I do like to DIY and repurpose when I can, and I know spending that much on a litter box will rile some people up but I work hard to have enough money for me and my buns (hence me being on night shifts ATM and doing so much overtime).

If a few of you want them I'd recommend getting together and doing an order. If you order at least 6 they're cheaper :)

Aargh! Sorry to sound defensive above but my OH always says I spent too much on them!! Then I point out they're still cheaper than kids and he shuts up ;)

Fantastic idea, we should do a bulk RU order for whoever is interested!

Definitely, I did consider it but then I thought what if it's flimsy/bad quality but now I have it I can say both parts are made of very thick, sturdy plastic. Can't see any nibbling occurring!:thumb:

It's a clever idea, but don't the bunnies just trample in the wee puddles as it soaks through the holes?

Your bunnies are gorgeous btw! :love:

Fantastic idea, we should do a bulk RU order for whoever is interested!

I would be interested! It looks great especially for my bunnys who just wee all in there hay, we have to throw most of the bag away because it's got bunny wee on haha :shock:

We use potting tray's from garden centres for litter trays they are ideal for disabled or old rabbits to get in and they are big enough for two big rabbits to snuggle up together on and they can work out cheaper than some litter trays.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Planting-...denEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item4d01e65b09

2-5-10002.jpg

Great idea :thumb:

Ru and Saph lub their new tray.

re: wee run off, there's now a layer of hay on the bottom as they moved it about and the vibrations of them hopping in it seems to get it to drain pretty quick.

I'll be doing my first spot clean of the smartbedz underneath tonight so will take a pic of the result (mmm, i know you can't wait!!)

I tried to take a picture but Rupert was intent on 'helping' me :roll:

Anyway, they are using their normal corner for wees so I just spot cleaned and removed any hay that had been weed on too. Et voila. Clean buns.

Sapphire took the opportunity to eat some of the smartbedz as she thinks it's very tasty (another reason why we needed to separate it!)

Back