• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray rabbit in Walton, West Yorks

rolo

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

Probably a long shot, but the has been a large, grey, lop rabbit running up and down Shay Lane in Walton, West Yorks, for the past couple of weeks.

My parents told me about it when they got home from their hols a couple of days ago. Its been on their lawn for the past couple of mornings. But my dad hasnt been able to catch it. :(

So, hopefully, someone who lives in the area and is a member on here might spot it, or know someone who does live there and ask them to keep an eye out.

Like I said, chances are....it wont get found or it could end up getting hit by a car as its a busy road. But it would be fantastic if some could catch it.

Thanks

Rach

P.S. did ring RSPCA...not interested!

If it is able to be caught - I can help with a bunny run to a rescue...can even help with temporary accommodation too....(I'm in York)

Going over tonight, armed with bunny treats, hay, carrycase, large blanket.

Going to root around in peoples gardens if they'll let me. An hopefully find the bunskie. Cant bare to think about the poor thing hopping around lost.

Rach

It probably doesn't know or think it is lost. ;) It's probably having a very nice time, especially if there are plenty of gardens. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try and catch and home it, though.

It probably doesn't know or think it is lost. ;) It's probably having a very nice time, especially if there are plenty of gardens. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try and catch and home it, though.

It does - it's only a matter of time before it gets run over or killed by a fox/dog/cat.

There are things going on in the background, if this bunny is caught it is on to a much better life!!! :thumb:

It does - it's only a matter of time before it gets run over or killed by a fox/dog/cat.

There are things going on in the background, if this bunny is caught it is on to a much better life!!! :thumb:

:thumb::thumb: there's tons of foxes around that area I hope the girl catches him :thumb:

Going over tonight, armed with bunny treats, hay, carrycase, large blanket.

Going to root around in peoples gardens if they'll let me. An hopefully find the bunskie. Cant bare to think about the poor thing hopping around lost.

Rach

Good luck - hope you find the bunny.

Just to let everyone who replied to thread.

Couldnt find bun at all.

Looked in all the gardens either side of my parents. And put my carrier on dads lawn filled with tasty treats. Sat there till it was really dark hoping he would come out, but nothing!

How my dad has described him, he sounds like a conti. He said he is much, much bigger than my Rolo-bun and hes NOT small. He said that bunny was pale grey, long lop ears and at first, he thought it was a dog! So Im guessing he is a big bun.

Hes going to see if hes there on Mon morning when he leaves for work and try an lure him then. Thats where hes been sat for the past few mornings, usually between 6 and 7 am.

A very kind member of RU has already found a place where he could go if I can catch him. Which Im really grateful for. So, Im going over again, during the day and having another seach.

Rach

Back