• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The latest, very unhappy little resident of S.T.A.R *Marble*

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
This sad little bunny is going to take a lot of healing, his poor little heart must be in pieces, God love him. I kid you not, when I first held him against my heart, I couldn't stop the tears. His pain emanating from him was so strong, it broke my own heart. He is going to need so very much love and patience, but he will get all of that and more here at S.T.A.R. Please, send warm, loving vibes of comfort to this lost little soul, he needs them so badly xx

Oh are you a registered rescue charity now??
hope little one heals :(

No, not a registered charity, I dont really think I'd like to be, mainly because of the way (it seems) that you lose control over the animals and how you do things and what you do etc. Im not totally sure how it all works, need to discuss in depth with registered and none registered charities really to get first hand insight in to both catergories. Ive been called STAR for ages though :)

Oh right!, never new you run a rescue before :shock::oops:

Lol, that's ok :) Ive been doing it for about 16 years now, used to be just parrots, but I had to ease off on that after ending up extremely ill in hospital. I still take in and nurse injured wild birds, and have 8 permanent birds, a hamster, and the 7 bunnies. Only a very small affair really, but still plenty to manage, especially financially, for a one woman band like me ;)
xx

Last edited:
Bless his little heart :love: hope his new partner and family come along soon xx

Thankyou Beebee, he really is a precious little thing, so much sadness in his broken heart, but hopefully the wonderful healing magic of time, and lots of loving care will help him mend xx

It's really heartbreaking seeing them in so much pain. He looks happy in the space you have given him, you are doing a great job with him! Sending lots of love to beautiful Marble xxxxx

It's really heartbreaking seeing them in so much pain. He looks happy in the space you have given him, you are doing a great job with him! Sending lots of love to beautiful Marble xxxxx

Thankyou Charlotte, the pain you feel yourself when you see them suffer is actually physical isnt it. I felt like someone had my heart in a vice when I sensed and felt his pain, no animal should hurt or suffer, not ever.
xxx

What a sad story. Marble looks a lovely little character.

Hopefully, he will soon have a wife to help him heal.

Must be incredibly hard to run a rescue on your own. How do you manage not to get inundated with unwanted furries? I'm not a rescue and I have 8 cats, 11 bunnies a guinea-pig and a hamster. I dread to think what would happen if I ran a rescue:oops:

Will come back to watch properly, but am sending immediate vibes to little Marble. xxx

What a sad story. Marble looks a lovely little character.

Hopefully, he will soon have a wife to help him heal.

Must be incredibly hard to run a rescue on your own. How do you manage not to get inundated with unwanted furries? I'm not a rescue and I have 8 cats, 11 bunnies a guinea-pig and a hamster. I dread to think what would happen if I ran a rescue:oops:

Thankyou so much susie-bun and Rhianna, he really is adorable. Confused and frightened yet, but it's still very early days. regarding rescue, it's not easy, and there's such a fine line between 'helping' and 'hoarding'. Ive been offered so many buns that are fit, healthy, ready neutered etc, but I tend to point people in situations like that in other directions, or I could become over-run over night. I stick to emergencies mainly, sick, injured, abused or neglected animals and always put my blinkers on when in pet shops :D Every one of my animals and birds have come in from unsavioury (to say the least :( ) situations, where others are reluctant to take them on because of the expense involved in the veterinary care etc. I'm always broke, but fortunately my vets have known me for so many years now I can always take any animal in thats in need of emergency treatment the time whether I can afford it or not, because they know I will always pay my fees as fast as I possibly can. That's a great help to me, having such a good relationship with my vets, I couldn't function humanely without that trust and help :) xx

Have watched the video now. :love: His story is very sad, but he has every chance of as much future happiness as possible now. He looks quite animated hopping about in a safe space he will hopefully one day share with a new friend. xxx

Thankyou Charlotte, the pain you feel yourself when you see them suffer is actually physical isnt it. I felt like someone had my heart in a vice when I sensed and felt his pain, no animal should hurt or suffer, not ever.
xxx

Totally agree with you Annie. I'm glad his got you, his in good hands now. Please keep me posted on his progress xxxx

Have watched the video now. :love: His story is very sad, but he has every chance of as much future happiness as possible now. He looks quite animated hopping about in a safe space he will hopefully one day share with a new friend. xxx

he does seem happier thank goodness. When he first came, he just hid, squished underneath his hutch. I think he was in so much physical pain that he was terrified of anything happening to make him hurt even more. God knows how long he had suffered with his poor teeth. It still took him a couple of days to realise that he could actually eat without pain after his surgery. Breaks my heart just thinking about it xx

Totally agree with you Annie. I'm glad his got you, his in good hands now. Please keep me posted on his progress xxxx

I will, and thankyou for your kind words. I'll do whatever he needs, whatever it takes to create the happiest life possible for him :love::thumb: xx

he does seem happier thank goodness. When he first came, he just hid, squished underneath his hutch. I think he was in so much physical pain that he was terrified of anything happening to make him hurt even more. God knows how long he had suffered with his poor teeth. It still took him a couple of days to realise that he could actually eat without pain after his surgery. Breaks my heart just thinking about it xx

I will, and thankyou for your kind words. I'll do whatever he needs, whatever it takes to create the happiest life possible for him :love::thumb: xx

:thumb: xXx

Hello dear little Marble.:wave::wave::love::love:

You've had such a tough and painful time but now things are changing.

You're going to showered with love and affection once again.

Sending you many, many calming and healing vibes for a wonderful future.

And a gentle cuddle!!!!:thumb::love::love:

Back