• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They do make us worry

Mirth

Mama Doe
So I spent over £100 to find out my rabbit, Peter hasn't actually got stones in his bladder/kidneys.

I changed his litter tray the other day and he peed on the floor instead and it was dark red with lots of tiny stones in, so panic mode in thinking he may get a blockage and had stones, he was acting completely normal but hardly peeing, but no leakages or straining so left him til morning to visit the vets. They had him all day and nothing wrong whatsoever. :roll: She said they were crystals which is normal in some rabbits and all the tests are normal.

But we did get some better flea stuff because the cat brought in fleas and the poor rabbit is covered, so house is treated, cat is treated and I've got to treat the rabbit next week as I tried ivomectine from the shops which is rubbish for killing fleas.

Also got told of a good technique, get a bar of soap and wet the top or Vaseline use the flea comb and grab the fleas and put them on the soap/vaseline because they can't go anywhere and it's quicker to get more.

They do worry us.

I reckon that's the only reason they exist sometimes! :lol:

I'm sorry to hear you have had so much stress but I'm glad Peter is okay. It's difficult when you don't know what's going on. Hopefully he'll have the fleas gone soon, I've never heard of the soap/vaseline trick but it makes sense. Good luck!

Thanks, I have a feeling it was the parsley he had as they have high calcium, vet had back the results and from what I think she said is he may naturally have small crystals in his pee, like higher then normal calcium but she's doing some research on it and she talks so fast I'm not sure what the results were :lol:. Strict instructions not to feed him too much fruit, hopefully my mum will listen to the vet if not me :lol:

Back