• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit owner, a few curious questions if I may.

Fennic

Warren Scout
I've had my doe, Queenie for roughly a month now as she was given to me by a neighbour. I've noticed a few things that i'm not completely sure of. These include.

Sometimes taking toys from my hand then digging ontop of them then leaving herself sat on them.
As of yesterday while making a salad for her and the rats she decided to mostly sit by my feet in the kitchen (where she free-ranges)
Sometimes making an odd growly/grunt noise when washing or running around rapidly for no apparent reason.

Also what age do they become destructive? (I remember reading it but I forgot and haven't located it since :oops:) I'm aware it's due to being unspayed but we have no estimate of her age (And yes she will be spayed at middle of July as I need to go away for a weekend at begining of July i'd like to keep an eye on her after I come home in case of complications which I may not be here for at start of July if done now)

I would also like to get her a husband, after shes spayed and such although i'm relying on public transport I'm afraid of stressing her by going miles BUT i'd like to adopt from a rescue. Does any rescues actually bring out potential rabbits and such to homes or is there any in the Halton location in Cheshire anyone knows about?

Sorry for the large and complex questions :oops: Hope someone may be able to help out.

She sounds to me a bit hormonal.How old is she??? She might need speying very soon.xx

I think that the sitting by the feet is a sign that she wants the food that you are making :) She must recognise that you are preparing food.

Dunno about the rescues, sorry x

I thought as much Kermit, thanks for the confirmation. Although she usually does stand up when i've got something that shes interested in eating (including sausages :roll: , not that shes got any of that mind you.)

BARC (Barnsley animal rescue center is I think the long version!) Is very popular on here and rehomes nationally. Bunny runs can normally be arranged if you need help. Or to find local buns go onto the rabbit rehome page and search by your location...

This is what I got when I searched Halton
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=Halton&RabAge=&RabSex=&RabBond=%

The running around spurts aren't binkies are they? Other than that she sounds hormonal and should calm down after being spayed, though a bun sitting at your feet when you have salad isn't that unusual :lol: my bunsters can be found climbing all over me if I have a glass of juice, or even squash, little thieves :roll: (not that I let them, squash not particularly good for buns!) and if I have basil i lose limbs :lol:....:love: In fact any food at all I can get them to follow me anywhere simply by holding their bowl and saying what's this in a high pitched voice :lol::love::love:

I'm not entirely sure what binkies are i'm afraid :oops: When I searched by postcode I ended up with 25 miles+ on the site, and your bunnies sound adorable Hele :D I'll look into the BARC also thanks for the info!

I'm not entirely sure what binkies are i'm afraid :oops: When I searched by postcode I ended up with 25 miles+ on the site, and your bunnies sound adorable Hele :D I'll look into the BARC also thanks for the info!

Good old youtube! A binky is a bunny jumping for joy, is literally so happy and full of energy that they can't possibly stay still any longer! My Loki binkies like this whereas Thor does a bunny 500 and sprints around for a few crazy seconds with the odd little leap then normally jumps on something soft like the sofa as a finale then flops out for a bit :love::love::love:

If this is a rescue bun of sorts suddenly finding herself with lots or room, attention and love binkies are VERY likely. Means you have a happy little bun!

Bunny binky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDXgYa3La_0

Hahaha that is adorable :D She doesn't leap but she does just burst around the carrier mostly then look around. I've left the carrier down in the play area so she won't be as stressed when she gets put inside it, she does enjoy going into it cautiously then digging rapidly on it. She does have card down in the corner she began to dig in and that seems to keep her happy with it also.

So does anyone know about the feet sitting, or the rescues at all please?

Hi
My bunnies often sit by my and my husbands feet in the lounge and are often round or sit by our feet when food is around. My lovely bunny Rosie, who we lost last year used to run into the kitchen as soon as the fridge was opened to see if it was something for her!
She sounds a gorgeous little rabbit, i am sure once she has settled after her spay, the hormornal stuff will dissappear :D

Back