• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie is really sick :-( U/D.. still not right!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Sat in emergency vet waiting room for what feels like forever!!! He's not eating and is just lay down closing his eyes!! I felt his tummy and checked his bum, both normal! I have no Idea what could be wrong with him!!

Can he please have some vibes? I am beside myself right now

:-(

Last edited:
So it is stasis :-(.... Shows how good my tummy feeling skills are!! Vet gave him some baytril and metacam injections and gave me a sachet of recovery food as well as some Zantac syrup. Have had to put him inside a pen inside his room so he is separate from fidget and I can monitor his pops and not get them confused with hers (they can still see each other through the pen). As soon as he got home from the vets he did brighten up a bit which I think may be down to the pain relief.

I left him about 3am with some pellets, lots of hay, carrots, broccoli and two nibble treats.
This morning he has eaten quite a lot of hay, the carrot and treats but not touched the broccoli or pellets. He has also done about 4 small golden poops (yay!)!

Gave him some recovery last night and some Zantac this morning... He seems to be improving but until he is completely himself again (blink an you miss the pellets usually) I don't think I'll be sitting easy :-(

I'm pleased to hear that Frankie is improving.:love:

May he continue to do so.:thumb::thumb:

:censored: gi stasis!!!!

No rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks for your well wishes everyone.

Hubby is at home with him and says he has done more poos and eaten all his brocoli and even nibbled his pellets! And is drinking water which is great :thumb:

He is booked into our normal vets this evening for a follow up

Hubby is still syreinge feeding as he is still not touching his pellets but he is eating everything else and drinking and lots of poops coming out so that's a good sign!

He's still not eating his pellets, and still not completely himself.... should I be worried?

He is going in to our normal vets for a follow up at 5.45pm.....

Pellets are usually the last thing mine start eating again after being poorly. Sounds like a good improvement has been made already with everything else though :)

My Frankie, a girl Frankie is acting off this afternoon, just off out to pick a buffet of dandelion leaves etc to tempt her into perking up a bit. Not sure if she is just having a sleepy day so far :?

Well he has seen our normal vet and she gave him more metacam and some more critical care. She listened to his tummy and said she heart healthy gut sounds and checked his teeth and said they were fine

He is eating hay and bits of veggies and a few treats and pooping but my main concern is that he is just not himself. He is not boisterous or nosey or bossy (with Fidget) as usual he is being very docile and just lay in his tray. He'll come out for a bit, nibble some hay but then go back.... just don't know. It is actually stasis or something else? it just doesn't add up :cry:

Back