• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tan Rabbits

Mollyrose

Warren Scout
Has anyone got a Tan rabbit? like the Tan breed? :) Would love to see Pictures! :D

& what are their personalities like? .. ive heard they can be nippy, flighty and jumpy.. not great with kids? is this true? any views on the breed would be interesting to hear! Thanks :)

I love the look of these. Someone on here had one but he sadly passed to the bridge. I think they must be quite rare to find in the uk.

I lost Apollo a few weeks ago but here's a pic:

a4.jpg

SDC10939.jpg

Nursecroft had a chocolate tan Dreamer but he sadly is also at the bridge.

Last edited:
awwww, Rip little Beauty<3, Sorry for your loss, xx

they are Such Beautiful Rabbits.. with Stunning markings, where did you Get him from? xx

He was given to me. They are more of a show breed really but he tore his ear and though it healed the fur that grew back went white so he was no longer suitable to show.

He was very fear agressive with people at first but adored bunny companionship, he lived with another neutered male and they were the closest of my pairs. He soon came round and would actively seek me out for noserubs but was very wary of other people even the vet.

I had a small lilac tan before I ran my own rescue..he was adopted from another rescue
Crosby :love:

crosbya.jpg

We have also had tans through Honeybunnies
the gorgeous small tan Coco

Cocoa.jpg

the standard tan Libby

Libsa.jpg

and the much missed small chocolate tan Dreamer

Dreamer.jpg

I see you've written 'Small Tan' and 'Standard Tan' .. ? does that mean they come in two Different Sizes? .. i never knew that?, or are they just a small individual? xx

Jill! Do Polly, do Polly!

sorry Angie but as cute as Polly was she isn't a tan..similar but not one :?

We could do with another thread just for her though..want to start it? :D

and Coco, Crosby and Dreamer were smaller than Libby , but may just be a differnece in their breeding

Sorry no photos but we had a lovely 'black and tan' called Guinness our first house rabbit 13 years ago. We went to Hereford market when our children were small and went through the small animal sales area and there bouncing around being chased by a spaniel was this lovely handsome rabbit. My husband picked him up (without a struggle) and took him to the fella who was clearly 'packing away' other buns and some geese and hubby asked him what was happening with the rabbit - meaning who did he belong to and why was he being chased by a spaniel! The guy said £4 so hubby just gave him the money so there we were in the middle of Hereford with two toddlers and a rabbit and we live about 90 minutes drive away.

We brought him home and he was the most perfect bunny, funny, loving, gentle, loved playing with our cats, teased our cockatiel (who was afraid of heights - yes really - would sqwark if the cage was moved off the floor) and Guinness would steal his bird seed everyday.

He was always a single bun though had another single bun as as a play mate though they didn't share the same enclosure - only if they were free ranging.

Guinness was perfect.

I would love to find another Guinness - he went to the Bridge around 7 years after we had him and he appeared fully grown then.

Hope that helps!:wave:

sorry Angie but as cute as Polly was she isn't a tan..similar but not one :?

We could do with another thread just for her though..want to start it? :D

and Coco, Crosby and Dreamer were smaller than Libby , but may just be a differnece in their breeding

I misread first post:oops:

She's the right colour though:thumb::lol:

Back