• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small animal shampoo?

VickyC83

Mama Doe
The vet recommended using Bob Martin small animal shampoo on Bunzle as he's had a really bad sticky bum. Baby shampoo and baby wipes weren't helping with the smell. I've used it on him tonight but didn't realise you're osupposoed to dilute it :( Bunzle seems fine but one of my friends said it can burn them. Does anyone know if this is true?

The vet recommended using Bob Martin small animal shampoo on Bunzle as he's had a really bad sticky bum. Baby shampoo and baby wipes weren't helping with the smell. I've used it on him tonight but didn't realise you're osupposoed to dilute it :( Bunzle seems fine but one of my friends said it can burn them. Does anyone know if this is true?

the best thing to wash buns who have bladder or bowl/bum issues is hibi scrub its an antibactirial wash used in vets. It does not have a strong Oder and dosent cause skin irratation and protects from infection. It also helps with urine burn and soreness

Contact your vet and ask about it I got a large amount for under £10

I will, thanks. I've
Put him some Sudocrem on as his bum is sore bless him. I coldn't leave him like that. We're having a rough couple of weeks lol

I have used the Johnsons small animal shampoo to clean sticky bums.

I tend to only use a tiny drop in warm water so it is quite diluted, then use cotton wool pads to dip in and squeeze out tight so they are not too wet (only damp). I find that it works well and then I dry as much as I can with a dry cotton wool pad. If it is stubbor, you can "tease" it away, it may take a couple of attempts but does work well.

Hibiscrub can be used (very diluted) to help healing and sudocrem is good too.

I have used the Johnsons small animal shampoo to clean sticky bums.

I tend to only use a tiny drop in warm water so it is quite diluted, then use cotton wool pads to dip in and squeeze out tight so they are not too wet (only damp). I find that it works well and then I dry as much as I can with a dry cotton wool pad. If it is stubbor, you can "tease" it away, it may take a couple of attempts but does work well.

Hibiscrub can be used (very diluted) to help healing and sudocrem is good too.

I have been told by my vet not to use the shop bought shampoos as they can do more harm than good.

Also with my bun being so sore its the best thing for her.

the vet with give you instructions on how to use it but as bunny babe said it would diluted or a very small amount larvered up

I no longer trust shop bought ones as several made Yuki very sore.....

I only ever use Gorgeous Guineas products (for pigs and rabbits). They are completely natural and do a great job.

also hibiscrub is what the vets use to bath animals and when they wash rabbits with infections and messy bums and sore hooks etc..

Back