• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why.

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Does this happen?! :censored::censored:

I've never had PTSD or known anybody with it but I don't think I could be cruel to the animals I was responsible for no matter what...!

Rant over :censored::censored::censored:

I'm not sure who failed them more; the owner or the authorities for not having nipped it in the bud when they were first called in. It says the situation was monitored for 3 years. Given the number of rabbits removed over that period, so many deaths could have been averted if the authorities had acted decisively when first alerted. It's just terrible. :(

Does this happen?!
It happens because, sadly for everyone concerned, their minds don't work "normally" and no matter how horrifying we find events of this nature, I really believe people in those situations have no idea what they are doing (or not doing) to the animals.

I know of a woman who has a cats' refuge a couple of hours away. She thinks she's doing her best for those cats but whatever disconnects she's got going on in her brain make her incapable of seeing that what she's doing (over-crowding, no consistent worming or flea treatments, refusal to put down concrete which can be hosed down - cats defecate on long grass which spreads faeces into their fur, etc) is borderline abuse.

ETA: one can try and reason with these people but it seems they simply cannot process what's being said because their mental illness prevents them.

Last edited:
I really struggle to empathise or even grasp this situation. I can't imagine what was going through her head at the time but it's such an extreme case of animal abuse I struggle to see how she could let them "live" that way

Back