• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

(HOPEFULLY NOW REHOMED!) Don't know how to help this bun** PICS ADDED**

xlaurax

Mama Doe
A friend of a friend is moving house and they have no space for Flip Flop. She's a gorgeous tame bun, they think she's about 3 years old, no spay, no vaccs.

She's not got the greatest lifestyle. She's not bothered with much and lives alone in a hutch, never really goes out in a run. She's lonely I think :cry:

She's such a mild mannered girl. I've got a feeling she's going to end up being given to another family who will get bored of her and eventually give her away AGAIN.

I just want her to have a better way of life than what she's got and probably going to end up with :(

The owner asked me if I knew anybody who wanted her or if she should take her to a sanctuary but it's like I told her, most rescues and sanctuaries are already WAY overcrowded.

What should I tell her to do? :( I'd so have her myself if I had the space

Last edited:
hello

this happens a lot sadly. Do you think you could somehow try to get your friend to fall in love with her bunny again? Maybe lend or get her some toys. Get her to comb the rabbits fur with a toothbrush, and look at her rabbit, spend time with it. Take a photo of them. show her this forum, maybe spark an interest.... there might be a way the new house could accommodate the rabbit if the owner can in their heart...:wave:

Have you no space at all? Where are you? I always feel sorrier for single females. They shouldn't be alone.

Hi guys :wave:

They won't take her. The lady originally got the rabbit for her daughter who's now lost all interest in the bun. They just want rid of her :(

The bun is in Dinnington, Sheffield.

I have no space and even if I did mine aren't old enough to be spayed yet so I'd be concerned about bond breaking if I introduced her. If I moved her with mine she'd end up having hardly any space and it wouldn't be fair

maybe post a picture and someone on here will fall in love with her?

I see you are in Wakefield - we re in the process of trying to sort out a preloved bun in wakefield . . (he is male - but also un-neutered)

Does your freind know the risks the bun is running of cancer as she is un-neutered?

I really don't think she cares to be honest. I've told her but I find it hard enforcing it cos I don't really know her that well. She's a friend of a friend. The bun is closer to Sheffield, Dinnington area. I've asked her to send me a picture. I'll update if she does :)

It's a very common problem, unfortunately & I could probably post once a month (probably more) about an unwanted animal...... and that's just the ones I know of personally from a very small circle of acquaintances. :(:(

If you can't take the bunny yourself (and in the circumstances it doesn't sound like taking her on would be the best thing for you or her) then all you can really do is point her in the direction of local rescues & Rabbit Rehome if she wants to rehome her privately. Also, if she joins the forum, then she can PM SOAD and get the bunny put in RIN on here. There's some general advice here to consider when rehoming, so you might want to print that off for her to have a read.

Rescues will no doubt be full and will have a waiting list, and she might not necessarily be a priority case for them, so it might be a long wait.

Thanks Karen :wave: it breaks my heart to see her oh so alone.

Severeley neglected are obviously the worst but sometimes seeing a bun just sat lonely in a hutch can be just as upsetting :cry:

She's apparently now spoken to a friend at work who's said she's been thinking of adopting a bunny for a while and has done a lot of research into it, so hopefully she will end up with that person.

If not, I will get a piccie of her and take it from there :wave:

Thanks Karen :wave: it breaks my heart to see her oh so alone.

Severeley neglected are obviously the worst but sometimes seeing a bun just sat lonely in a hutch can be just as upsetting :cry:

She's apparently now spoken to a friend at work who's said she's been thinking of adopting a bunny for a while and has done a lot of research into it, so hopefully she will end up with that person.

If not, I will get a piccie of her and take it from there :wave:

Sounds promising :)

20120614201608.jpg

unless you live on the moon - a bunrun CAN be arranged!!

It's the meeting Rosie problem all over again.....I would hate to have the new bunny bonded with Marnie and for her to hate/be terrified of Rosie.
I could probably see about picking her up myself if that wasnt the problem...I have a friend in chesterfeild just outside sheffield

She's a gorgeous girl I wish I had the space. I could probably make space but it would encroach on my girls' area and ideally they would have more run around room anyway. I don't think it's fair on my girls or on Flip Flop if I was to take her in.

I really hope somebody kind gives her a home, whether an RU member or someone else who the lady speaks to, I will keep you updated anyway as the woman said she'd contact me if she rehomed her herself

Back