• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Heart is Aching, I Cant Help Her

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Lydia is totally bereft :cry: Whatever I do, however hard I try, I cannot ease her grief :cry: I have never seen a Rabbit so profoundly effected by loss :cry:

Rabbits947-Optimized.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Why did Victor have to die, WHY

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wish I could say or do something to help. I can only let you know I am thinking of you and will send healing vibes. Is there a Bach flower remedy that you could try?

I know and I totally understand how you are feeling.

You feel so useless and just wish that you could explain to Lady Lydia what has happened.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:( its so sad to see.
But she has you and in sure that gives her some comfort however small it may be.
Lots of cuddles to you and Lydia xxxxx

I'm so very sorry. It is bad enough to have to cope with your own grief, without having to watch one of your beloved rabbits grieving too.

Is another friend for Lydia a possibility? I don't mean to sound cold by suggesting this so soon after losing Victor. :(

Lady Lydia looks so very sad. :cry: Would she be interested in going out in the garden. I know thats not the answer but it may give her something to do for a short time.

Jane, I dont want to sound cold and noncaring, but another friend is probably the only way to go.

When I lost my Lily-Shane, BB was beside himself.He hid, his poops were tiny bullets, he pulled out his fur and was crouched in a spot.

I despaired.Even though he had me, his grief was heartbreaking to watch and so I speeded up the process of adoption from Angie.Lils had died in November......

Little Miss arrived 7th Jan, and I bonded them a week later and BB threw himself at Little Miss.....Charged at her and shoved himself under her chin, so desperate for bunny company.

Little Miss took it all in her stride....and they are so happily married...

Poor Lady Lydia.Have you somebun for her??

I like the soft teddy idea, and the possibility of her having a new partner. I think the bunny grieving process is generally shorter than ours so whilst we can't imagine getting a new bunny, it would help the grieving rabbit massively.
I'm sure you know whats best for your rabbit.

:cry::cry::cry: poor lady Lydia :cry:

It truly is heart breaking to see a bunny grieving so deeply. I remember it well from when Gypsy lost her first partner, Bilbo. We were both torn apart :cry: Gypsy was so very quiet, just sat hunched, so unlike her. I just couldn't bare it :cry::cry::cry:

I think I became the other bunny for a while, sounds a bit mad, but Gypsy cuddled up to me in bed and bonded with me more closely. She lived in my bedroom so we spent a lot of time together.

You both need to grieve for Sir Victor. Give your selves time. I know it's hard when it seems that time is standing still right now and all you can feel is hurt. It will become less intense, for both of you.

You will know when it's time to find her another friend. You both need to be ready though.

Rightly or wrongly it was 6 months before Storm came into our lives. I wasn't even thinking of getting another bun for Gypsy yet but I was in the right place at the right time and he changed everything. Once Gypsy accepted him her spark was back and now they are truly happy and in love. They could never live without each other now. I dread the day tha they have to :cry:

Thinking of you and Lady Lydia (((hugs))) Xxx

I actually think that's the hardest part of losing a rabbit. When Clover died, although Dusty did bounce back, the hardest part was watching a lonely bunny. :cry:

Jane, I dont want to sound cold and noncaring, but another friend is probably the only way to go.

When I lost my Lily-Shane, BB was beside himself.He hid, his poops were tiny bullets, he pulled out his fur and was crouched in a spot.

I despaired.Even though he had me, his grief was heartbreaking to watch and so I speeded up the process of adoption from Angie.Lils had died in November......

Little Miss arrived 7th Jan, and I bonded them a week later and BB threw himself at Little Miss.....Charged at her and shoved himself under her chin, so desperate for bunny company.

Little Miss took it all in her stride....and they are so happily married...

Poor Lady Lydia.Have you somebun for her??

I agree with this, sorry for your and lydia's loss... but I do think animals grieve in a different way and she would perk up and move on as harsh as it sounds if she was given another friend

I actually think that's the hardest part of losing a rabbit. When Clover died, although Dusty did bounce back, the hardest part was watching a lonely bunny. :cry:

I totally agree with this we are going through this now with one of our buns who recently lost her partner and it break's your heart to see them so sad and alone :(

I'm so sorry Jane for Lydia and you it must be so deeply sad for you to see xxxxxxxxx

i have tried to introduce lydia to three different bucks she attacked each one on sight

victor cant just be replaced like a broken toy, not for either of us

:cry:

Back