• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies have settled into their new home. Quite proud of them actually.

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I worried and worried about moving them from house > house.

To be fair, it was more Biscuit i was concerned about, as he can be a real stress head. We knew Ginger would just run around in the new place without a care in the world, just excited to be alive for another day, thats the way she lives her live.

Biscuit however is the kind of bun that refuses to eat if he feels stressed.

I should never have worried. I can't believe how well they settled.

The first night, they had to stay in the dog crate in our bedroom as it was the only room available really. Biscuit stamped a couple of times in the middle of the night, but apart from that, both were keen to explore the dog crate and were periscoping to see their surroundings and generally being curious little rabbits.

After a few days, we moved them into what was to become my office, which was always the plan to share this room with them.

It's a good sized room, without measuring i believe it is ~15ft x ~10ft which for a pair of bunnies, is an awesome space. Yes, there is the space taken up by my desk, and their crate, but the rest of the floor is theirs.

They've both taken to it like a duck to water, for want of a better phrase. Both exploring, chinning, nibbling (Biscuit....) and generally being rabbits. It's so lovely to see. On the first day we let them out of the dog crate for a few hours, they were being so cheeky. The best thing, i have to admit, is seeing Biscuit do some absolutely HUGE binkies and i mean HUGE - we're talking 2ft from the floor several in a row. That's really special.

Ginger also hasn't marked at all, which is really unusual. Her litter habbits have been absolutely 100% perfect, something they never were in the old house. I wonder if thats possibly to do with the fact it is mutually neutral territory?

Also, this house seems to really suite Ginger. Her respiratory condition has become better since being in here. Something in the house just 'works' for her, yes, she's not 'better' but its an improvement, and its notable.

Our rabbits always seem to surprise us. They are so special.

Ginger:
IMG_4576Small.jpg

Biscuit (yes, he was grooming the stool.... :roll:):
IMG_4581Small.jpg

Pair of them exploring:
IMG_4577Small.jpg

Sorry for the gush :oops:

What a lovely thread :)

Made me smile that they are getting on so well in their new pad.

Aww Gray that's so lovely :love: Really happy for you and them & the photo's are lovely :D:D Great news about Ginger not marking, hope this continues!

The Biccy binkies sounds awesome! Did you get some piccies?

Aww Gray that's so lovely :love: Really happy for you and them & the photo's are lovely :D:D Great news about Ginger not marking, hope this continues!

The Biccy binkies sounds awesome! Did you get some piccies?

Nah, i didnt have my camera out unfortunately, as i just wanted to sit with them and watch them and make sure they were okay. Biscuit has always and hopefulyl always will take comfort from me being around, he has since he was a baby, but doesnt NEED me so much now he has Ginger, which was the best thing about bringing her home, they both have a friend :)

I did get this though as part of one of his mad run arounds...

:love:

IMG_4584Small.jpg

That is a good result, even a slight move of furniture gets ours head bobbing.:roll:

It would be a perfect result if Ginger's respiratory condition was improved by the relocation.

That's such a lovely post - has made me smile!
Glad Biscuit and Ginger are happy in their new home.

Gosh that first Photo of Ginger!, i always knew your bunnies were beautiful, but gosh she is really PRETTY!!:love::love::love::love:

ET. Great to hear theyre setlling well xx

aww this is lovely to hear :love:

I remember how worried I was moving my buns from my parents house to my OH's house. Gypsy protested for a few days, being the madam that she is :lol: but Storm was just too cool about it all 8) They really do surprise us sometimes don't they :D

That's fab :D the thought of moving my 4 scares the life out of me!! :shock: I'm glad they've settled in well :wave:

Back