• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DID NOT go as planned!

sazgib

New Kit
OH MY WORD! me and my other half have just spent 2 hours rabbit proofing our endless amount of technology cables, cable tying them and hooking them to the top of the unit so they are not on the floor and putting them into cable tidies. Now this is where the problem comes in although we have done a good job its still not the best place for little bun bun to be, behind the unit. HOWEVER, little man now sees this area as an extra long hideaway tunnel for him to run through to the point where its his favourite place to be ( see below - this is similar however mine is taller and has dividers separating the units into three compartments below )

TV-Wall-Unit-Furniture-from-Yomei-Image.jpg

EB enters his tunnel at the arrow on the left runs right along the back (see yellow line) and exits on the right, then circles the whole run in a mad dash and repeats the process, now I do find it slightly amusing however worrying as well as I cant have him anywhere near the electrical appliances on the unit sky box, dvd, xbox, telly etc naughty naughty EB. can anyone give me any ideas cause I am now lost no wires on the floor however still hazards and as you see I cant just block off his entrance and exits as its pretty open at the front. I would like some ideas on how I can let him know I am not happy about the situation so I can train him to keep out.

Please ideas would be welcome

:lol::lol::lol: But it's fun! :lol:

The only way to stop him IS to block it I'm afraid until he forgets he ever could get there. Distracting him with his own fun tunnels and toys may help but won't stop it pernenantly. If there's a place a bun shouldn't go that will be his favourite :D

Only thing I can thing of is getting some metal panels to put across it? So you can still see in but he cant access it?

This is probably a stupid suggestion but if it would fit you could get a flexi tunnel type thing to go down the back so he can play back there and not be at risk of chewing things he shouldnt?

Although as I said prob a stupid suggestion as doubt it would fit / be practicle (I'm a softy to letting animals do what they want which makes my partner refusal to have the rabbits in the house a good thing ^^)

Thanks guys they are all helpful suggestions think I'm going to try putting a flexi tunnel in front of the unit so his entrance and exit points are the sme yet running in front of the unit, Hopefully that will deter him from wanting to go behind. Failure of that happening then Inthink iMac put a cage mesh right across the back so he can't get in however I fell I have already destroyed my unit enuff with screws and hooks that I will do that as my second option thanks again guys appreciate it

Sarah x

Back