• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some zoo pictures from the other day :)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
It actually stopped raining so we had fun :thumb: (The water with the sealion and penguins is green because they haven't been able to clean them due to the weather)

Starting with the sealion, who's lady wife died last year :( He is 13 years old and his name is.. something that starts with a K! We watched him at feeding time! Very agile for such a big beast!

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

The penguins! We watched them being fed too ^^ There were 2 babies in the pool, the others where hiding in the burrows. They don't know how to take fish on their own yet :)

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

Baby is the grey one ^^

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

The fuzzy alpacas and donkeys!

IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0678.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

The bunnies! Loads of hay, lots of different information boards about them too! The dutch is a boy and the other 2 are girlies. The 4 conti x's are girlies ^^

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0683.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

Guinea pigs :)

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

Pygmy goats! who are housed with the wallabies ^^

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0696.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

Last edited:
Some birdies ^^

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

A very smart orangutan!

IMAG0702.jpg

More birds ^^

IMAG0705.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

Elephants! and elephant training for health checks. The one keeper we talked to after was really nice ^^

IMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

Giant tortoises.

IMAG0746.jpg

Hyena! There was another in a smaller area, they are 'bonding' them. Twycross are creating a new bit where they are having lions and tigers! :love: and extending for the hyenas and dholes ^^

IMAG0748.jpg

Can't remember what he is .. A jaguar maybe? or leopard?

IMAG0758.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant pics, thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to visit the pandas at Edinburgh zoo soo. Also looking forward to the penguins.

Where is that? I've seen that orangutan before. Apparently he hides under that sheet when he gets fed up of the cameras :lol:

Where is that? I've seen that orangutan before. Apparently he hides under that sheet when he gets fed up of the cameras :lol:

It's at Twycross Zoo :D I went 4 times last year :lol: it's only 20 minutes away, and a good day out :) We were the only ones watching him :lol: very smart! It was raining and he would come out with that on, the go back inside and leave it by the door :lol: the baby had one but couldn't figure it out properly :lol:

People are probably wondering why I was laughing.

Only the photos of the sealions had uploaded and you said, still loading, still loading.

I love the orangutan. He looks like a great character.:love:

:lol: photobucket was taking the mick! Took ages for them all to upload but a lot of them failed :roll: I have a lot more pictures but it would have taken an age to put them on photobucket :lol:

It's at Twycross Zoo :D I went 4 times last year :lol: it's only 20 minutes away, and a good day out :) We were the only ones watching him :lol: very smart! It was raining and he would come out with that on, the go back inside and leave it by the door :lol: the baby had one but couldn't figure it out properly :lol:

:lol: photobucket was taking the mick! Took ages for them all to upload but a lot of them failed :roll: I have a lot more pictures but it would have taken an age to put them on photobucket :lol:

Photobucket is a pain. While I was away I used 4 memory clips for my camera. One 8 megabite and three 4 megabites. Took 3 hours for one video and hours for about 100 photos. I gave up and used facebook to store the photos.

Looks like a great day out. I really wanted to go to Sydney Zoo but it was about £40 just to get in. With the train, ferry and bus would have cost over £50 :shock:

I was just scrolling through your lovely pictures saying Aly went to twycross zoo :wave: nagging the OH to take me soon :)

Thanks for sharing x

Awww I love Twycross :wave: my OH enjoys the zoo as much as me but then when we go I'm always like "let's adopt an alpaca" or "let's adopt a hunting dog" :lol: I think he gets fed up of hearing me :lol:

Twycross is an awesome zoo - i went for my Birthday last year :love:

Sadly, the baby elephant they had when i was there died :( It had some illness that was untreatable if i remember rightly :(

The whole place was awesome!

We were watching a monkey playing with a material bag, it kept getting in it, then doing roly polys towards another monkey, who just sat on him :lol:

Oh no :( I remember the baby from the last time we went, kept picking up rocks and throwing them everywhere :love:

Maybe we could have an RU day trip to Twycross seeing as it's more visited than I thought :lol: I can't wait for the new bit and the lions and tigers :D :love: They hadn't put the rabbits outside when we went because of the rain, I think the trio have the runaround system and the conti x's have a new aviary style one :D would have been nice to see them out but it was tipping it down when we got there :lol:

My mom kept getting the map out, which after half an hour was soaked, but I told her we didn't need it as I know the place like the back of my hand :lol:

The howler monkeys are one of my favourties! So noisy :lol: got a really good picture of them last time we went, mid howl :lol: I couldn't find my camera so had to use my phone.. but not bad quality pictures if you ask me! :D

Back