• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend any CHEAP rabbit toys?

Make your own ?
Like a twig tree, different flavoured twigs stuck in a kitchen roll
Hay tube out of a kitchen roll
Those kitchen roll balls with hay and pellets inside of them
Tissue box full of hay with forage mixed in as well as pellets

:wave:

I buy baby toys from car boots and charity shops. I choose ones with no small parts (like beads in rattles), but those which have bells or make other noise and have some way of being picked up - bit like dumbells. I also buy shape sorters (wooden ones with no laquer) and stuff them full of hay. Watch those bunnies try and roll it over to get the hay out!

Egg boxes are fun! And toilet roll tubes with the ends pushed in so you can hide treats/hay inside, always goes down well with mine.

I go to charity shops and find suitable toys there.

So far some of the things I have managed to find are: hard plastic spoons,kiddies buckets and spades, a cute little fire engine, a little car and a set of cups from a childs' tea set.

All of these have given many rabbits hours of fun. And they are all easy to wash and disinfect between bunnies.

My buns love the plastic ball/cups that you put the washing liquid into for the washing machine.

Sammy like to pick it up and smash it down whilst Leon likes to pick it up and run about with it.:D

My buns don't seem to like any of the toys we bought them - they're more than happy chewing the sweeping brush, which isn't good ....

Small plastic plant pots to roll around
Empty pop bottles, my bunnies love pushing them around
Cereal boxes/tissue boxes/wrapping paper tubes.
All seem to keep them occupied!:D

a sheet of corragated plastic from b & q is my rabbits favourite play thing made into a tunnel shape with sticks either side to keep it in place.

they love jumping over it, running through it - have dug a special space under it which they sun bathe in (generate a nice heat in there) but also they use it to shelter happily from the rain too.

i think it was 10 pounds i bet a piece could be found second hand - but is by far their most cherished toy and so outstanding value for money. (long lasting!)

carol

Back