• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy girl bunny and eager boy bunny - help to bond?

Annabunny

New Kit
Hi there

I am a big bunny enthusiast, although new to the forum. I have joined as I would love some support whilst trying to bond my very spoilt female lionhead (Bea) with a sweet but slightly fidgety English (Barry).

They have been in cages side by side for 4 days and have so far I have allowed two encounters in neutral territory.

The first was not brilliant, Barry has obviously less issues than Bea as she was fowl to him, but he kept coming back for more. It got vicious, and we promptly broke them up before any injuries were had.

The second time, a few days later, we introduced them again in the bath. They buried their heads into each others fur and Bea definately lowered hers to Barry. However, this loving bliss did not last longer than 5 minutes before they kicked off again (Bea being a meany again).

Can anyone advise - am i doing the right thing here - or is this not a match made in heaven? My last bonding was some years ago - and instantly successful - so I cant say i have had experience of these longer bondings....

Best wishes
Annabel

Yes

They both are neutered - she was spayed at 6 months. He is a bit older so over a year ago now.

She is about a year or so old, and he is 2.

They our both house buns...if that is useful information at all?

Also - to add to the oddness of the issue - we are staying in a friends flat - it is not her home territory at all. We moved both bunnies in seperate cages, in when we moved in. So it really isnt a space she is familiar with.

Back