• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me and my rabbit need help!

New Kit
Hi, i am a student taking IGCSE DT, and I decided to make a rabbit hut for my rabbits! But to do so, my teacher said to do a questionnaire on rabbit owner's so that i know a brief idea of how i am going to make my hut! So, here I am and I hope you guys dont mind saving my life :D

1) How many rabbits do you own?

2) What species is it? (size-related question)

3) Which features would you like to have in a hut?
a- water holder b- footer c- litter tray d- food container e- Toys f- litter

4) Is it aggressive?
( answer in a scale of 1~ 10, 1- very shy; quiet 10- very aggressive)

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits?

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits?

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors?

8) How much are you willing to pay for the hut?

9) Which of these features are the most important to you?
a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others)

10) How often do you clean the cage?

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity?

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free?

Thankyou!!:D :D

What a great idea for your project and good luck with making it! Here are my answers:

1) How many rabbits do you own? - 4
2) What species is it? (size-related question) - all beverens

3) Which features would you like to have in a hut? - spacious with multilevel, room for a litter tray, hay rack, good height so rabbits can stretch and don't feel too confined, safe area to get out of the cold, overhanging roof to stop rain getting in. Also fly netting on the front to stop flies/slugs getting in. I prefer water bowls than bottles.

4) Is it aggressive?
( answer in a scale of 1~ 10, 1- very shy; quiet 10- very aggressive) - my female is a bit aggressive I would say more grumpy that aggressive about 6 out of 10

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? - they live in pairs so two areas

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? - i have a converted outside toilet with two levels and a coalshed for the other two, both brick buildings then a yard which is about 8 metres by 6 metres which they take turns in playing out in (half the day each)

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? - outdoors.

How much are you willing to pay for the hut? - up to £250

a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others) - a

10) How often do you clean the cage? litter trays every other day...rest of hutch every 2 weeks

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? - it would be nice if it looked modern...maybe painted in a nice colour

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free? no a run is always needed as well

1) How many rabbits do you own? 7

2) What species is it? (size-related question) sizes range from lionhead to conti giants

3) Which features would you like to have in a hut? All

4) Is it aggressive? No all are handleable

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? No

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? 7x5 shed with 9x9 run

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? Outdoors

How much are you willing to pay for the hut?

9) Which of these features are the most important to you? A,B and C
a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others)

10) How often do you clean the cage? Every day

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? Usability/cleanability is most important

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free?
not sure what you mean by this

Answers in RED

Hi, i am a student taking IGCSE DT, and I decided to make a rabbit hut for my rabbits! But to do so, my teacher said to do a questionnaire on rabbit owner's so that i know a brief idea of how i am going to make my hut! So, here I am and I hope you guys dont mind saving my life :D

1) How many rabbits do you own?2

2) What species is it? (size-related question) Dwarf Lop/Dwarf Lop X

a- water holder b- footer c- litter tray d- food container e- Toys f- litter - water bowl, litter tray.

4) Is it aggressive?
( answer in a scale of 1~ 10, 1- very shy; quiet 10- very aggressive) What on earth does this have to do with anything?

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? It needs enough space for the rabbits to live comfortably, to the RWAF recommendations of 6x2x2ft + 8x4ft run. I dont want to keep my rabbits seperate, they are bonded. Or if it is to be within their area, suitable for rabbits to move comfortably in.
6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? Over 100 sq ft.

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? I dont have outdoor rabbits, so it would have to be indoor.

8) How much are you willing to pay for the hut? I dont know what it looks like, what materials it is made from, its size, or anything about it, so can't answer that.

a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others) a and b the other two aren't applicable.
10) How often do you clean the cage? Every other day.

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? Rabbits should not be kept in captivity but provided with sufficient space to display natural behaviour.

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free? I dont understand the question

Thankyou!!:D :D

1) How many rabbits do you own? 1

2) What species is it? (size-related question) Dutch

3) Which features would you like to have in a hut? All listed, although toys would not be a massive problem to buy separately, but there would need to be space for them. And a hidey hole/area to feel secure as buns like to feel safe.

4) Is it aggressive? Stephen is the quietest little thing, so maybe 2-3, shy but inquisitive

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? As I only have 1 bun at present, this isn't really a huge concern

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? The entire downstairs of my house, approx 20ftx10ft?

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? My bun is a house rabbit so indoors

How much are you willing to pay for the hut? Depends on size etc, and as my bun is free range and doesn't spend much time in a hutch/cage probably not more than £150

9) Which of these features are the most important to you? A & B

10) How often do you clean the cage? Every week, the area most used as a toilet area is changed every day.

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? It has to be functional, allowing rabbits space, areas to display normal behaviour, ability to stretch and hop etc, but a modern design would be nice

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free? I don't really understand this. My bun is never locked away in a hutch/cage as he is a free ranging house rabbit.

Just to suggest....a requirement that rabbit rescues make when rehoming is that a cage is 6ft by 2ft by 2ft.So a bunny can hop from one end to another and even stand up!! So depending on the breed really as a frenchie would need about 4ft to stand in.....

Most of us on here have the size cage that Im talking about...in fact, my cage is in a 10x8 shed with a stable door so that when its raining they have the shed to run around in.

Hope ive helped...:wave:

1) How many rabbits do you own? 6

2) What species is it? (size-related question)do you mean breed? if so 1 mini rex 2 lionheads and 3 dutch crosses

a- water holder b- footer c- litter tray d- food container e- Toys f- litter all except b as I dont know what it is

4) Is it aggressive?
( answer in a scale of 1~ 10, 1- very shy; quiet 10- very aggressive) 1 yes rest no

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? kept in a pair and group of 4

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? pair have 35sqft plus run time 4 have 60sq ft

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? outdoors

How much are you willing to pay for the hut? £200 depending on quality. Would need to be a kennel/ aviary type setup rather than a cage

a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others) all v important except d my rabbits dont want to be alone

10) How often do you clean the cage? spot clean daily full clean twice weekly

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? efficient

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free? dont know what this question means

1) How many rabbits do you own? 15

2) What species is it? (size-related question) 5 french lops , 5 dwarf cross lion heads, 1 netherland dwarf , 3 dwarf lops and one rex

a- water holder b- footer c- litter tray d- food container e- Toys f- litter C ltter tray

4) Is it aggressive?
( answer in a scale of 1~ 10, 1- very shy; quiet 10- very aggressive) no they aren't

5) Would you like it to have a separate space for each rabbits? no

6) How much space do you have available for the rabbits? 25ft by 15ft

7) Would you put it indoors or outdoors? both!!!

How much are you willing to pay for the hut? At present my rabbit shed has cost £2,000 and still counting

a- Space available for rabbits (freedom) b-Safety of rabbits c- firm captivity of rabbits (cant escape) d- Their own space ( isolated from others) A is very important as the area they live in is secure

10) How often do you clean the cage? everyday the bunny shed is cleaned

11) Would you like the design to be modern or just efficient in keeping rabbits in captivity? no as my bunnies are free range

12) Would you have a space available inside the hut instead for rabbits to be free? yes

When you say hut, do you mean a place for them to live like a hutch, or an enrichment item for putting inside a shed/run?

Back