• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walk in Run

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
My buns have a shed, with a run attached. The run is 5 x 5, although it did used to be 10 x 5 until I had to make it shorter for a few reasons (domino sore feet/then benji arriving and needing the space for his hutch).

I am looking to get a walk in run to replace their run as I am really struggling with my health to clean them out. They do a lot of poop and mess in the run and climbing in on my hands and knees is a real struggle. It also makes it hard to spend time with them as the shed is too dusty and full of fur/hair that flies around and i cant sit in there. The best option I have is a walk in run, which will be airy and then i can just walk in and sit with them and it would be so much easier to clean out.

I guess I want something about 6 foot so its the same length as the shed and then about 5-6 foot in length. My buns are getting older and they dont run around like they did so theres no point getting really long like 10 foot again, especially when I am on a budget.

Making my own isnt an option as Dad has had knee surgery although i could attach mesh to a frame.

Option suggestions? thank you!

Im leaving that quite open for now as it may end up being better to buy something that includes the shed part etc so I am just looking at options for now :D

Could you purchase aviary panels and put them up and attach to shed, or even, around the shed, so the shed is actually IN the aviary, would be easier to clean out then?

Could you purchase aviary panels and put them up and attach to shed, or even, around the shed, so the shed is actually IN the aviary, would be easier to clean out then?

We actually realised last night that because we have the existing run and spare panels if we took them apart we could attach them to a frame and on that frame we only need three sides anyway because of the shed. Would need a few extra panels but will buy them and then the whole project shouldnt cost too much. My dad is good with these sorts of things :lol:

Will be so much easier to clean out, I really struggle climbing in the run as it is, and it would be nice to be able to sit with them more.:love:

Can't help with how you'd do it but, me and my grandad made my 8x4 aviary run, it's fantastic and so easy to access.

04313f5f.jpg

ETA: I would recommend putting some kind of plastic roof on it as its a bit of a pain in rain (that rhymes;))

Oh we are, I am sick of the run getting soaked in the rain, whenever it rains theres all sorts on the lid of mine, from lino to tarp, wooden sheets, whatever we have to hand and the poor things look like they are living in a dump :lol:

6ft cubes are pretty easy to make out of standard 6x3 aviary panels. Ebay has a few people making them :)

Can't help with how you'd do it but, me and my grandad made my 8x4 aviary run, it's fantastic and so easy to access.

04313f5f.jpg

ETA: I would recommend putting some kind of plastic roof on it as its a bit of a pain in rain (that rhymes;))

That looks fantastic. Can I borrow your granddad? ;)

Back