• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Did You Get Your Bunny/ies

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I was talking to my OH about why I got some of my past buns and we got onto the subject of a bun we know in rescue who has been there for two years :shock: This rescue has been passed over because of his agouti colouring :( Anyway we then got onto the subject of buying buns based on colour which I find fairly shallow but not in every case.

So I was wondering why did you get your buns?

I'll start with my warren load :lol:

Initially when my parents finally gave in and said yes I could have a pet, I bought a book about rabbits ot get clued up first and saw a pic of an amber Dutch and fell in love. So I headed to a rescue expecting one to be there. I came back with Mona and Karma (at the bridge), two black sisters neglected because of their plain colouring.

Next was Mithril (at the bridge), also neglected because of her colouring.

Elidore had a very very sad story but he had been kept with and mated with Mona and Karma in rescue so I wanted to keep them together as a family and Mona and Karma did have babies, all of which we kept.

Pippin, Merri, Karmella, Bonnie, Ebonnie, Narya and Nenya were Karma and Mona's babies of them all only Merri still lives.

Nori was adopted for Ebonnie the runt of her litter who had been bullied. He had such a loving personality and he was not too big. I wanted a small rabbit as Ebonnie was so incredibly small even during adulthood. They made a wonderful couple and Nori went on to be bonded with Bonnie when Ebonnie passed. When Bonnie passed this year he started and is currently enjoying a macho bromance with Merri.

Rowaneberrie or Berrie (at the bridge) came into the pdsa as a stary when I worked there and I just fell in love :love:
Emrys I adopted for Berrie as I believe rabbits should be kept in pairs where possible.

Maisie I adopted when I left home and set up home with my OH. My parents look after the original buns and I visit as often as I can. But I missed having a rabbit around and missed the care and interaction on a daily basis. So I got a bit miserable about and OH surprised me one day with a home made hutch and asked me if I wanted a bunnie :love: Maisie we got specifically as she is deaf and was passed over for being agouti.

So we got Bilbo for Maisie and they are such a lovely couple.

Orla and Donny I got based on the colour. Orla is an amber Dutch, ten years after I fell in love with the colouring I finally found one in rescue and she was already bonded with Donny so they came as a pair, two for the price of one :lol: But they are lovely, fantastic bunnies and more than ever I am glad I homed them as they both developed snuffles and I know I can help them through it.

Snowy our latest addition we got because she had bad start in life and may have ongoing dental problems which I now have experience with. She is supposed to be unbondable according to the the rescue but I am hoping one day we can bond her as I think she needs the company.

So as you can see its the vulnerable ones that really get me :oops:

What are your reasons, please share, I'd love to hear your stories.

I got Fiver as I felt sorry for her - this was around 7 years ago and she was being sold as a "deal" in a three foot hutch. She was also being sold as a "he" and I felt so sorry for her. I knew she would need a friend so got in touch with a local rescue to look for a friend for her. I then got Mose. In a garden centre, I then saw Mallow who had been there for a long time as she was a REW and no one wanted her. Apparantly a breeder handed her in as she was no good for breeding. So Mallow came home with us. She was the last pet shop/garden centre etc bunny i would ever buy. I then got got Buddy from the Rescue as a friend for Mallow.

Sasha came next and I have to say I was overcome by her cuteness in the picture that Angie from BARC had posted so she came and was introduced to Buddy and Mallow. Later on I fell in love with Elliot who we only had for a couple of months. I just felt a strong urge to give him a home and again he was a BARC bun. He came home with me and was introduced to the trio.

When Elliot passed away, we adopted Rupert. I didnt even see him before he arrived. I just asked Kay from bunnyhop rescue if she had someone needing a home and she suggested Rupert. Rupert was introduced to Buddy Sasha and Mallow but Sasha was a bully to both Rupert and Mallow so I separated them into two pairs.

Harley had originated in Pets at Home adoption. I remembered seeing him there and felt sorry for him but wasn't looking to rehome another bun. I heard from a friend about a bunny on gumtree who needed a good home as he had come from the PAH adoption section. Turned out it was Harley and he was on gumtree just weeks after being adopted. He went in with Sasha and Buddy.

When Fiver died, Mose needed a friend so we adopted Lucy, again from BARC. I needed a female for him and she was available at the time so then Lucy joined us!

Bonkers came next - my friend rescued him from years of neglect. I offered to look after him for her until he had his neuter so he could be kept indoors. He never left here. I went to visit Tracey from BARC and saw a little Xnethie who looked a lot like my Fiver. She came back home with me and that was the lovely India who was paired with Bonkers.

Oh, interesting subject.

My first bunny, Bungee just came to stare at me in a garden centre when I was supposedly looking round the aquatics part. It was such a powerful stare it knocked me off my feet. She was a chocolate lop but it was the intense stare that got her her home, I just felt such a powerful connection to her.

My next bunny was Scrabble, who I bought as a companion for Bungee. I was misinformed by the pet shop :roll: That buying a second doe to get on with the existing doe was a good idea. Scrabble (avatar pic) was in a pen with about a dozen bunnies and somebody was digging in the sawdust and she was in the firing line and just stood there. I did chose her for her colouring as well as obviously very placid temperament when I was shown her. I learnt a bit more about bunnies in the next couple of months and developed an incredibly strong bond with 'Scratty' so Bungee still needed a companion (Scratty was my companion by then!). I searched around for buck this time (it was November so couldn't find many) Ideally I wanted an 8 week old one as I felt this was the reason I bonded so closely to Scratty. I managed to find an 11 week old lop, but he was black, not the first choice of colour but he looked quite cute. I named him R-for (R-for-Rabbit), which later became Artie. Bungee was quite aggressive towards him, so I had three single rabbits :roll: I had no idea about rescues at that time, so I thought buying rabbits and taking the risk as to whether they'd get on was the only option.

Three years down the line I lost Bungee suddenly. I wanted Artie to have the companion he had always deserved so I went out and bought Esme. The local pet shop informed me they had had a accident litter brought in, just 8 weeks old and very cute. All the does were silver fox (black fox?) so I didn't choose her colouring - it was take it or leave it! I did however pick the smallest of the litter as she was only about 2/3 the size of the others and I wanted a house rabbit so I felt I should take the 'weakest'.

Only 5 weeks later I lost Scratty and my world fell apart. Pretty much since that day most of the bunnies I have chosen, I have done so because in some way they remind me of Scrat. That would include: Rudy, Tinkerbell, Elijah and especially Erin - as she's the harlequin and white that Scrat was. I didn't exactly chose Binky and Shadow for appearance as I just knew two dwarf lops needed a safe haven and I was it, the same applied to Barnaby. I didn't chose Little Dot for her appearance either - I was just looking for a mini lop to partner Elijah, but she was the most beautiful magpie harlequin, such a wonderful bonus. I chose Eloise because I believed she was magpie harlequin so did so as a tribute to Little Dot, turned out she wasn't magpie afterall but that's okay.

Another thought to add, the number of bunnies I would have "for me" would be the four in my signature as they were originally to provide companionship for me, so I had bunnies downstairs and in my office, but the bunnies also had companionship of each other, so two pairs. All the subsequent bunnies I have been the care giver of has been because they needed me, not the other way round. As I've learnt about how rabbits are the most 'got bored of, disposable pet', I've felt the need to take on as many as I can cope with and give them a better life. So, if they were just from breeders or pet shops I would never have taken on the responsibility for ten at once, I have ten purely because there's so many that 'deserve better' and I'm aware that this applies to a huge number of people that have picked up where others have left off.

Last edited:
My very first was Fuzzball, and I don't think there was a particular reason we got her. She was just fuzzy and gorgeous, and I don't think the SSPCA had a massive variety of buns at the time.

The next were Fudge, Smudge, and Patch (the mad angry bun), who came from my friend who was allergic to them. Her dad had been looking after them but they didn't get any time so came to live with us.

After that was Hazel, the only one left from an accidental litter of a friend (he was not a happy bunny), and Socks, from the SSPCA to keep him company. My mum chose Socks, so I can't comment on why she was picked. Beside them lives Smokey, who my cousin bought for her children, then the kids got bored. Smokey and Hazel were bonded after Socks died and are still with my parents.
223391_10150162069546448_1861741_n.jpg

I got Vinnie from P@H adoption centre, I was told she was aggressive and had been shunted around different shops for a year and a half and I fell hook line and sinker.
Imported22feb2010215.jpg

Oidhche Velvet came from BARC, after I saw the line on her RIN thread 'sadly her temperement has us worried that she might never find her forever home'. That and her feisty personality did it for me.
Rabbitbirthday088.jpg

So basically, I'm a sucker for the ones nobody else wants. :lol:

Wow.... Some amazing reads.

My first bun was timmy. I have only had piggies before. I had been really ill in hospital and we went to pets at home when I got out to get some food etc. I always go and loom at the pets and I looked in the p@h adoption bit and saw.a.really big fluffy rabbit. All the times I looked.i had never bothered before but timmy jumped up and i wanted him. OH said no. :( a fee days later he came home from work early and got me in the car (i was still to ill to drive) and he said he was taking me out. He had phones to save timmy and we went to pick him up.

That was it I was addicted.

We then came across Smokey and fudge. I fell in love straight away and their colours are beautiful. I got them because i wanted a pair. I then became more involved and did some research and decided i would like.2 small rabbits. The is when i ended up with hop and April 2 mini lops.

I still want more but have got to wait till we move to the barn.

Timmy and my OH git me.hooked on them and i love them all to bits.

I got zoidberg for two reasons, one was that i wanted a dog but my wife said that we couldn't get a dog as you can't trust a dog fully around a baby, so to wait until the baby is older, so the rabbit was kind of a compromise as i love pets. the second reason was that leighs cousin were irresponsible and had a litter of rabbits and we said we'd take one so we did :D

Then we got Mary as once my wife got pregnant we realised that we wouldn't be able to spend as much time with zoidberg as we had before once the baby is here, so we went to a local rescue and left zoidberg with them with the advice that whoever zoidberg gets along with, we chose mary first for him, but it was more of a case if they dont get on then i dont mind if there's another rabbit etc... anyway eventually they got on really well! :D after weeks and weeks of what seemed like the most stressful time of my life! :lol: now they're happy as larry together, and have free range time in the garden with no scuffles, the occassional hump from zoid, but as soon as i see that i step in and divert their attentions elsewhere....

My friend at work had a house bunny, and I had never heard of keeping a bunny inside before. It really appealed to me, as I knew I would love a pet, but I was never keen on getting a cat, and couldn't have a dog because I work. So when OH and I bought our house 5 years ago, I got a house bunny. I was so naive then, and didn't know about the rescue situation, so I bought him from Pets at Home :cry:. I named him Henry at first, but in the end he became 'Bunny', because we just kept calling him Bunny :oops::lol:.

I loved Bunny from the first moment, and he made me do lots of reading up, and I started to realise what bunnies really needed and how to keep them better. Also, we went away for a weekend, and I boarded him with a lovely lady called Jo at the Little Warrens boarding place, and she talked to me about getting him a friend, and also about his diet. That was when I really started to understand.

So I adopted Poppy to be his friend. She was from Bobtails rescue. I'd seen her on the website along with all the other bunnies, but not really taken to her especially. My OH's dad said she looked like a gorilla in the photo - she did a bit because she is all black and fluffy :love:. When I went to Bobtails, I saw her and something clicked. I was allowed to hold her, and she was so perfect. Thankfully, Bunny loved her as much as I did, and they have been so close ever since!

After a few years, I was so into bunnies that I asked our local RSPCA if they needed any rabbit fosterers, and I started doing that. The first fosters that came were two females. One was 7 years old, a big agouti girl (she arrived saying she was a boy called Joey on the sign-over sheet...I renamed her to Jo). She had a big abscess on her head :-(. I felt so protective of her. When she went in for her spay, they found a cancer. I was devastated, as the vets seemed to think it was a really nasty one. They told me she might only have a few months to live, but they couldn't be sure. I didn't know what to do, as I couldn't rehome her like that. The RSPCA were talking about pts, but she was so happy in herself, and I didn't feel like we'd done enough exploratory stuff to say what her prognosis was. In the end, and after a lot of heartache trying to decide what was best for her, and what I might be able to offer her, I decided that I would keep her, so that she could live out whatever life she had left here, and that I would make it the best I possibly could. I had her x-rayed and the abscess treated. It turned out that on the x-ray there was no sign that her cancer had spread, so we might have been lucky and it had all been removed during the spay. I was so relieved. I just want her to be happy here, and I wanted to be able to keep an eye on her so that if ever the cancer returns I can help her.

I then adopted Toby, again from Bobtails. I had been on the lookout for an older male to keep Jo company, so they could live out their lives together. Toby and Jo bonded so quickly, and they really love each other. It makes me really happy that I have managed to improve Jo's life a bit - she was single for 7 years, and now she is happy with her husbun :D

We'd just moved into our first home....and the landlord said we werent allowed a dog.

A couple of weeks later a lady at work was talking about her new litter of bunnies....they were completely accidental...her daughter had let her male and female buns out together. Blues mummy was actually booked in for a spey but the vet felt babies....so they decided to wait.

We wet along to meet them once they had been born...and my little man chose me. We got Ollie to go with Blue....and then when we lost her, Marnie came to join our family from Liz at Rainbow Rabbits.

Now we're looking for a partner for Marnie....and it doesn't seem to be going well :(

We wanted a dog but felt this wasnt right then we were going to get ferrets but decide if e did we wouldnt be able to have other pets indoors so a bun it was!
I got my hutch in place in my living room where most people have a table and then my oh went away for a week so I done painting etc so that we wouldnt need to when we got our bun.
When he got back we had rang around the rspca and were waiting for them to get back to us, we had bought the yellow paper and in it was a rescue advertising rabbits that would make great indoor buns. So we rang and went they introduced us to Winston and 2 babies, I couldn't choose so we left without bun next day we rang and went back and Winston came with us (i wish so hard I had of took him that first day so i could have had 1 more day with him) we then got him home rang vets to make appointment and checked him over (prob something we should have done there) his feet were burned by wee and were bloody blisters! We got to vets and he got meds eventually we would be told that his feet were unrepairable and this would make me seek out other options.
After a while and our vet keep sayin he needs a friend we took him to choose his friend Angel, She arrived at our home and there life together as they say is history they were unseperable from the minute they got together. Angel was a real worry she went weeks without eating, vets didn't know what was wrong she just wouldn'e eat, then when she began boy she forgot to stop! I think it was psychological as Angel had just had tummy tuck after being trapped by her own skin. Eventually though her eating became worse and she stopped eating hay then couldn't eat greens (obv had dentals) but it was the start of a long road she had severe mouth disease and we were told she wouldn't survive long as it was getting worse, again I opted for looking for other things to help my 2 buns and became a healer and animal communicator because of them. Although winstons feet never got perfect they did get good enough that he stopped his meds for a little while and came down on the dose from 1ml everyday at least. Angel also fought and outlived winston even though she was told she would be the one to go first.
I owe them a lot!
Then after getting winston we stayed in touch with all the rescues and sent money done competitions and wrote a book to sell for to make money for them. We later found out Winstons rescue was a fake and was actually breeding animals to sell and not caring for them so thats when Ru helped me rescue the pets and find them homes (rspca was also involved although no help) as a result jack was left behind so he had tocome and live with us until he had all his jabs and neutered then a rescue could take him. After so long with him how could you part? Anyways that was another story as the 3 hated each other and were always bickering. Jack lived upstairs Winnie and angel down!
After a while we decide jack needed a frined and I spot Coco on ru so we went and met her I spoke with them both as we couldn't take jack to this rescue and they both seemed to sound ok with living each other so we brought her home and they are also insperable.
Winston died not long after we got coco we never got another friend as Angel said she preferred to be on her own, she was mummy to winston and she felt she was too old to take on another and preferred the peace. She helped plan my wedding and as she deterioted she still fought on. I believe she should have died on the 19th but because we had just booked our wedding for the 19th and winston died on the 19th she said she was ok and fought on for another 2 days. She choose the day to leave when she should have been by herself t home we were at work, i took her to the vets as I didnt want her left on her own thats when we got the phone call it was time.

How much do you owe your bunny? I know that mine have taught me so much amazing stuff I am humbled to have been there mummy!

oh and if you haven't bought there book please go and have read on our webpage www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com

I missed having a pet, didnt want a dog, allergic and dont like cats, couldnt afford or have time for another horse so decided on a rabbit. Molly came with a 3ft hutch, bought for children who promptly lost interest. Buzz from a rescue because Molly liked him. Alfie I saw on RU and fell in love. Tilly came as a foster and as she was the same size as Alfie and came at the same time she ended up staying. Molly had to be PTS and as I was fostering Lady at the time and she got on with Buzz who was left she then stayed.

I'd always wanted a conti so when I saw a local rescue had Midnight she added to the group. After having a rex board with me when I saw one in the rescue decided that Caspian should come and live with me. And last but by no means least was going to adopt a belgian hare but that fell through and Isabelle the REW conti (I love the big uns) came to live with me and complete the group.

I wanted a bunny for years and years but my parents would never let me.
Finally, at the age of 20, Molly came into my life. I left the house for work one evening and there was this black and white rabbit sat in the middle of the road outside my house just looking at me.
I had to catch her of course so there I was crawling around on all fours around my street trying to catch this rabbit. Got her eventually, it was a hot day so she stopped for rest and I picked her up.
I went home to a disapproving couple of parents I put her in a tortoise vivarium in the garage (all I had at the time) with food and water and promised my parents I would take her to a rescue centre.
That was three years ago! She still hasn't gone. My parents fell in love with her, not that we had much choice, she is so full of character. Please note, she was only in the vivarium for one night to keep her of the street, got her a temporary cage after that.

Brian came a couple of months later. Molly had recurrent snuffles and I found Brian advertised on here for BARC as a constant snuffle bun. They had a date in Barnsley and they both returned home with me for what must have been the easiest bonding ever.

I was 4 at the time, we didn't plan to get any rabbits and we'd done no research or anything on them, but we popped into a pet shop to get some food for the cat we had then and saw these 2 beautiful, albeit skinny and underweight rabbits in this tiny cage. We all fell for them and we couldnt leave them in the conditions they were in, so we put them on reserve, went to the library, got like 10 books on rabbits, went to PAH, got the biggest indoor cage we could get, along with some food and toys etc, went home set it all up and went back to get them. I was so happy, we called them Nutmeg and Pipkin although they were both boys. We got them neutered when they were old enough and we decided to try and bond them, but it didn't work. Mum had a friend who had bunnies, and her female had recently lost her partner so we made the heartbreaking decision after a lot of fighting and agression to rehome nutmeg. Pipkin lived single for about 6-8 months then we got Daysy. We didnt get her neutered though (she never will be now unfortunately, which i will always regret) and even though it took 2 years, we bonded them! Then only 3 weeks after they were bonded, Pipkin was involved in an accident with my granddads dog, my grandad was a :censored: and decided to tie his spaniel x whippet onto a fork that was stuck in the soil... somehow whisper got lose, overturned the run and Pipkin tried to protect Daysy with disastrous consequences. Pipkin died at the age of 6 and a half, and I was beside myself.

So Daysy was once again a single rabbit. She will forever be a single rabbit now, she is un neutered (Mum refuses to put her through it, I've given up asking now really) and extremely temperemental. After Pip died we decided that we wouldnt put her through a bond again, she found the last one SO stressful.

then we got Alfie and Rosy-Posy from a breeder (I know, I know that it should have been a rescue but I personally don't regret it) and that was a hellish journey. Alfie developed an middle ear infection, got headtilt, and all the symptoms of EC followed. He was on medication from 5 weeks of age up until February (he was born in August) bless him. So many times I asked myself 'am I doing this for him or for me? Is it cruel to keep him alive?' because he was so distressed. Every vet we spoke to said to PTS but I was determined to give it one more week. In that week a miracle happened, he turned a huge corner and stopped rolling and spiralling. the vets was atsounded and so was I to be honest. Eventually we weaned him off the medication, bonded him to Rosy and they are so happy together now :love:

]Alfie when I first got him, he was 12 weeks old, bag of bones, weighed half of what he should.
alfieresized.jpg
[/IMG]

Alfie last week
alfieresized2.jpg
[/IMG

bit of an essay, sorry :shock:

Last edited:
Spenser's story really started when my friends got a rabbit (Mr McFlurry) for their children. I'd been brought up in a Pet Free Zone, but it was love at first sight. 8 months later I wore my parents down, and they said I could get a bunny of my own. I rehomed Spenser from a local woman who was looking for good homes for a few of her rabbits as she had poor health and felt they weren't gettting the attention she wanted for them. I didn't exactly choose Spenser, just went with her advice that he was probably the best available male for a new bunny mummy. I wanted a boy because I was terrified of putting a girl through a spay, and in fact it was almost a year before I had Spenser neutered.

I got Islay and Jura as my previous bunny had died just after I bought her a huge hutch, and it seemed silly to let it go to waste :lol: so I looked on Gumtree, and there they were.

I got Arran as he was a neutered Nethie on Gumtree, and neutered bunnies don't come up on there very often, so I thought, I'll have him :lol:

I got Harris because he was cute. Simply, he was friggin adorable.

I love animals, but probably wouldn't have got around to getting T&F left to my own devices. OH and the kids decided to get them - very much an 'impulse' buy for them and they were from PAH. I allowed it because I knew I would be up to the responsibility if/when they got bored. So I had no involvement at all in choosing them. I'm told they were just the first of the two pairs they were allowed to hold in the shop. I often wonder what happened to what were probably their littermates.

If OH EVER finishes building my outdoor accommodation I'll be getting another pair from a rescue. I will take the rescue's recommendation on who would suit the situation best and of those, who is likely to be overlooked the longest otherwise.

Growing up I always had a pet as did all our family. O/h and I got a house but it seemed really lonely without a pet, so I convinced him to get our bunnies Sammy and Leon. I've never had rabbits before so there's been lessons and mistakes made along the way but their happy and healthy and we couldnt imagine life without them:D

I admit we got them from P&h but they needed a happy home and thats what they got. We did intend to go to a rescue but we popped into our local P&H on a Saturday to get some stuff for the set up and thats when we saw them. There was about six or seven small buns in a pen running about most of them were dutch rabbits and had a white coat with patches of ginger or brown, there was two lionheads, Sammy a big ball of fluff laying low in the corner and Leon a little agouti running about mad and climbing on the others. Leon stuck out, we watched him for a while and then o/h bent down to the cage wire and little Leon came up to him and stood on his back legs sniffing o/h's fingers:love:

The next two days were tough, we couldnt take them on the Saturday as our set up wasn't complete plus we weren't really expecting to get any rabbits until another week but we kept thinking about little Leon (sorry Sammy). We went back on the Sunday to see if they were still there, they were but some of the rabbits had gone already, we begged the woman to keep Sammy and Leon for us until the next day as set up still wasnt ready but she said she couldnt, a deposit didnt interest her either. So Monday in work was a long day, we would get them that night if they were still there and would you believe only Sammy and Leon were left:D I think Sammy was left because he was so fluffly and would clearly need a lot of grooming but I really cant understand why Leon wasnt snapped up........may be it was because he is an agouti:(

DSCN0024.jpg

kd1008.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

My dad came home with Poppy from work 5 years ago, she was part of an accidental litter and the only girl :( and is the only remaining one, her brothers died in the first year and her dad got flystrike :( her mom died last year from old age. They were spayed and neutered after though so they had a good life after all :) and I ended up with a little madam :lol:

Donny and Lola are about 8 months apart from me having them but both the same story. My sisters friends dad owns the local garden centre, and Donny and Lola were part of 2 separate litters where they were some of the remaining ones who weren't wanted :( How I don't know :roll: So it was either they were going to the vets to be PTS or dumped on a rescue. So I had them :lol: and I'm glad I did :love: Now neutered and bonded :D

Leo, my big fluffy moulting Leo :love: he was the neighbours bunny who we thought had a good sized hutch because of the amount of money the previous owners have. No, he spent the majority of 5 years in a 4 x 1 x 1 rotting, smelly hutch.. With us he has been neutered, vaccinated had 2 dentals and will probably need more, he has been cleared of mites and is currently residing in his own room with cuddles and snuggles on tap :love: He has learnt to periscope on his own and stretch out :love: They called him killer bunny... Hardly :lol: :love:

My first bunny molly came from a women who had a accidnent litter she was quite inbred sadly and devloped a prolapse bum which needed cleaning alot she lived to age 5 so did quite well :)
Photo-0105.jpg

Ant and Dec came from a breeder who wanted rid of them and were free gorgeous boys :D:cry:
sadly dec is no longer here but ant is and is 3 years old
DSCF1883.jpg
DSCF1029.jpg

Amy came from a lovely women called Val who wanted her to go to a good home she is 3 years old also
hopefully will bond with ant soon
DSCF1940-1.jpg

and thats where the buns came from :)

ive just noticed this says why did u get your bunnies not where :shock: oh god im a idiot *faceplant*:oops:

Last edited:
My first rabbit was a rescue, I went to drop off a hamster cage and the lady showed me Jason. Said he had been born in the rescue and rejected by his mother. She said he was depressed and asked me to consider fostering him. It took three days for me to adopt him. He was a brilliant rabbit and I loved him to pieces. A year later we unexpectedly had to move and I ended up letting him go to my neighbour as the flat we found with such short notice wouldnt allow pets. I was heart broken.

After that I said I wouldn't get a pet again until I was in a secure position to do so. I now rent from my brother which is about as secure as it gets other than buying a house. Last year my eldest started asking for a rabbit but I was reluctant as I didn't think I would find another rabbit as special as Jason. Fast forward to last weekend and whilst looking into something else I came across a rabbit wanting rehomed. I felt drawn to the idea and went to view her. It was love at first sight. Star was being rehomed due to the owner going back to work fulltime but I suspect it was more to do with affording to keep her. I am made up with Star, she fits in like she has always been here. I still miss Jason three years on but having star has reminded me just how lovely it is having a rabbit around.

Back