• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre built outdoor hutches

carolineclair

Warren Scout
After much deliberation my mum and I are sitting down on Friday to discuss a) maple going to live with her and becoming an outdoor bunny ( my mum has the time and space I cant offer) an b) getting maple a boyfriend.

My main question for right now is what hutches people would recommend. I love all the set ups people make but my mums very traditional and I know in her garden she would want a standard style hutch. It will be set up on patio but maple will have access to a grass run daily. I'd like the hutch to have a built on run either under or in front as well though. Can anyone recommend a great I e I may not have come
across yet?

Maple is a very small dutch and if we get her a friend we would also be looking for a smaller breed in case that makes any difference to which hutch you'd recommend. I just want to do best by maple and both me an my mum want to make the right decisions!

With regard to getting her a friend I guess that would best be done around the same time we make this move so the hutch is neutral is that right? We will be rejoining from a rescue I hope so we will ask for help bonding.

Think I've waffled enough!thanks cxx

Hi i think that its great that you have come here for advice and help about a hutch before you buy etc.:) i was the same and found by just looking through loads of the housing threads and stickys, i was able to find lots of useful tips. I think the main thing should should look for firstly is something that is a suitable size. As you may or may not already know, a rabbit pair should have a minimum space of 6x2x2 ft hutch and an attached run of at least 8x4. (as everyone will say here bigger is always better!:)) After some reasearch and looking through this forum i came across a company called Happy Hutch (they are based in hull so very close to me, but not sure if they would deliver to london :?) I have recently bought 2 of the larger hutches (6x2x2 with an attached run under which is 6x4) i will also add to them using a tunnel system (runaround tunnels) another 6x4 run which i bought from a company called custom hutches and runs. They make lots of different items made to measure and are very competive on price. a lot of people on here like the rydale hutches, they look beautiful but i simply could not afford one as i had 2 of everything to buy. it depends on your budget really..... i personally for example dont think that p@h make good hutches, all the ones i have ever bought leak and break :( you can get better quality if you look further then whats on your front doorstep so to speak, but its all a matter of opinion at the end of the day. i just feel their hutches are over priced for what you get. therefore it is best to shop around. I understand where your coming from with the traditional hucth, dont think the bf would have been impressed if i'd have put up 2 big sheds in our tiny garden :lol: they would have looked rather silly, so it depends on your circumstance as well, but you do get more for your money with a shed or wendy house (wish i had a bigger garden!) also look on ebay.....! sometimes people sell old hucthes that with a bit of a paint and a few screws here and there you have yourself a brand new hutch for half the price!

hope i haven't waffled on too much and you have found it useful in some ways :wave:

I bought a hutch and run combination from happy hutch. It was dismantled but easy to put together.
The hutch horizontally sits on top of the run.

The hutch was 6x2x2ft and the run 6x4x2ft.

It cost £175. Plus like £10 extra for me to attach bolts for security against foxes.

Thanks both I will have a look at the company you've mentioned. Once I can get on a computer and not just Internet on my phone I'll have a search through some old threads ( very difficult and slow on my phone!)

Caroline x

Back