• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dylan to the vet today

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
My elderly bun, Dylan, didn't want his supper last night:( I have noticed he has been losing weight recently and have been trying to get hiim to eat oats and bread to bulk him up a bit (at his age he can eat what he likes).

He has metacam daily anyway for his arthritis so he had that, some antibiotics for his eye, which looked a little sore again and I also gave him some fibreflex and syringe fed him some critical care. I did think he may go to the Bridge overnight as he seems quite frail. I got up early this morning to check on him and he enthusiastically nommed some spring greens so I went on a training day as planned and took him to the vet this evening.

The vet couldn't find anything wrong and gave him a couple of injections (one was metaclop). He checked Dylan's heart and temperature and his heart was very fast but Dylan hates the vets. His temperature was normal. I am to increase his metacam every few days and to give him another course of Baytril for his eye. It clears up for a while and then comes back again.

The vet only charged me for the drugs which was a huge relief as my car failed the MOT today and cost lots to get through. He has also said I can pick up metaclop syringes if I feel I need them without having to take Dylan back to see him as Dylan was clearly incredibly stressed.

There is nothing obviously wrong with Dylan. His teeth are in a mess but there are no spurs. I think he is just 'old'. He doesn't come out of his hutch much but enjoys snuggles with his wife and usually tucks into his noms with enthusiasm. I just hope the weather improves so I can put him out in the garden - he loves that. Hopefully, the increased metacam may help him feel better. He can still hop around if I put him in his run and he climbs up the ramp in his hutch.

He is such a gentle, loving old soul and it feels like I have had him forever. He has seen so many buns come and go and accepts them all.

Dylan - my Old Age Bun

Bondingconcluded-Dylan.jpg

Dylan5Feb2012.jpg

Such a gorgeous old man Dylan. :love::love::love:

Hope the increase in meds help his eye and he puts on some weight.

Sorry about your car. James's mot is due on the 21 st. We can't buy anything or do anything incase it fails. :roll: Only food and living expenses. We need some essential work on the flat but was said not to do anything.

Back