• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bun doesnt like to go up at night

Lucy1666

Mama Doe
on a night i always have to make ant go up and he nevers wants to whats the best way to tell him to go to bed :roll:

hes in a chicken coop currently but this new hutch 6x2 should be comming soon i hope, for him
just need a few ideas to make him want to go to bed :?

DSCF5316.jpg

and before you say i know its to small upstairs :oops: but he prefers the bottom but i carnt leave him out on a night

Is there a particular reason why you feel unhappy about him having the choice of being up or down at night?

hi :wave: my buns get locked up for the night around 9 pm at the moment , my OH will go out and put a very small amount of their pellets in their hutch . they were thumping for them at 8.45 this evening impatient little tinkers lol . could you use a favourite food to tempt yours ? sorry just seen you have tried that one already .

If its safe (fox proofed) then I see no reason why he can't stay out 24/7 if that's what he wants. Mine love always having access to their run, especially since they get up far earlier than me!

Leave him to it - as long as there's a carrier or something in there stuffed with hay, so he can get warm if he wants, I shouldn't worry.

Mine are in the playhouse all day & then come into the aviary when it's cold & rainy:roll:

Mine go to bed at 10pm. I just keep saying bedtime whilst following them round the garden, then get them shut in the avairy then start again till I get them in the shed! Some nights it takes 20mins and thats with supper in the shed waiting for them. Even my kids go to be easier than this:evil:

Mine go to bed at 10pm. I just keep saying bedtime whilst following them round the garden, then get them shut in the avairy then start again till I get them in the shed! Some nights it takes 20mins and thats with supper in the shed waiting for them. Even my kids go to be easier than this:evil:

:lol: oh dear

i suprose i just dont think its a very sturdy :)
dm new hutch turning up tormmow anway

I think the main worry would be something digging in, or the buns digging out. It'll be nice when you get your new hutch, remember to post some pics!

Back