• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I shut them in thier hutch?

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Just looked outside and my pair are SOAKED! Imogens mane has gone flat, Sebastians fur has gone all spikey they are soaked right through (and yet they are still sat outside :lol:)

I really would rather they didnt sit in the rain, but can it do them any harm to carry on?

I would like to know this too :lol: I attached the metal run with the roof on and they loved it, but it's only half covered.. So I close them in their totally covered run and they don't like me for it :lol:

I would personally. I lost a bunny Peter when i was a little younger as following a heatwave we had an extremely heavy downpour, he got ill, contracted pneumonia and even with vet treatment left us in the night :( . I wouldn't ever risk a bunny getting that wet again :( . X

Yes, if you've ever bathed a rabbit you'll know how ridiculously hard it is to dry them, even with a hairdryer, my first rabbit died when I was about 7 because I bathed him and he wasn't fully dry when I put him back in his hutch :( I really wouldn't risk it, even if they seem quite happy to sit out and get drenched

Imogens drowned rat impression :lol:

224907_10151196667560558_621513417_n.jpg

Mine seem to like getting wet... I have put them to bed to dry out and sort each other's hair out (although Finx will undoubtedly make Tango do all the work) :roll:

Back