• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Jack! And recent photos of Rascalmonster :3

Zara

Mama Doe
I managed to get some photos of Jack finally, he only seems to keep still when he wants a cuddle (and he's VERY tactile, spent half an hour snuggled up on my lap and chest)

I was told when I adopted him he was a rex-cross, but they didn't know the other half. I however had my suspicions on what his other half was when I got him home and noticed his extra-large back-legs and tail, plus his general shape. I decided to ask the vet when I took him in for his jabs, but I didn't even have to ask- as soon as he emerged from the carrier the vet went "Ooh he looks like a hare doesn't he? I reckon he's got belgian hare in him" eitherway he's the largest rabbit I've ever had :shock: and can run like a racehorse when he wants to :lol: plus when he binkies you'd think he'd take off into orbit!

Requesting noserubs

SAM_0210-1.jpg

(my mother in law commented that he looked like a furry torpedo)

(I wouldn't like to be kicked with THOSE feet)

SAM_0213-1.jpg

SAM_0212-1.jpg

enjoying noms

SAM_0216-1.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

The more I've gotten to know Jack the more angry I've gotten over his former owners, how could they neglect and half-starve such a loving friendly rabbit and keep him locked up in a tiny hutch all day and night? Why peopel do this to animals I'll never know. He's such a loving soul, always wanting more cuddles, and he follows me everywhere, up the stairs, in the bathroom, he's like a shadow xD

bonding with Rascal is going well, although very slowly. A rough pic of their first session (sorry for the quality, it was taken with my ipod)

IMG_0283-1-1.jpg

And now for some Rascal photos!

in his basket

SAM_0196-1.jpg

on his buffy getting petted by Katie, who he adores. She's become rather rabbit-savvy, for a four year old. She respects his space, lets him come to her, and sits next to him chattering away for hours. Also, would you believe that little girl was the infamous ginger baby from 2007? :lol: I still see her photo everywhere being used as an internet meme.

SAM_0195-1.jpg

redheadDM_228x186.jpg

luckily she's proud of her red hair =D

Hehe!! Awww! Very cute :)
Katie's school (?) uniform, looks exactly like mine when I was her age, those wonderful red woollen tights, so cute! :p

:shock: OMG Bandits double. He is also part Rex. They do look hare like.

I did some research ages ago. Even though hares and rabbits can or could mate, they can't have kits. One of them has an extra chromosome or something similiar, which makes it impossible to have babies.

We always used to think Sunshine had part hare in him.

Jack is stunning.:love::love::love:

Oooh interesting, I wonder if that's true for belgian hares since they're actually rabbits, I'm all curious now =D

I've had a look at Bandit, they DO look so alike :shock:

Oooh interesting, I wonder if that's true for belgian hares since they're actually rabbits, I'm all curious now =D

I've had a look at Bandit, they DO look so alike :shock:

I didn't know that about belgian hares. I looked up wild hares.

I must get some of my own photos of Bandit. Do you know how much Jack weighs ? I have no idea about Bandit but assume they would be about the same.

I've forgotten exactly what weight the vet said :oops: but he was a bit underweight last time he was checked as he's still gaining weight slowly, next time he's weighed I'll get back to you. I think there's soembody on this forum who breeds Belgian Hares, maybe they can give us answers :D

I can't wait to see more photos of Bandit, I was admiring him in your thread, he looks so much like my first rabbit, Firefly :love:

Cheers, I've got some more photos of Rascal somewhere where he's decided the top of the sofa is the best place to sleep :roll: I should look for them

Back