• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Little Newbie

sazgib

New Kit
So after many years I have finally bought a new addition to the family in the form of EB the bunny 10wks old :O) Looks a lot like a lionhead however I can not be 100% he is a pure breed as not a lot of information was available when we bought him.
We have had him now for exactly a week and my current problem (not a problem if its meant nicely) is that my little bun bun keeps licking me uncontrollably even trying to groom my hair, my initial thought was this was due to being able to taste the trace of salt in my skin so bought him a slat and mineral lick. he is not in the slightest interested in this and still insists on licking me constantly. My thoughts now are mixed as I believe its just a sign of love and trust however with us only having him a week is this not a little soon? is there any other reason as to why my little ball of fur may be doing this, I'm mainly concerned as he chooses to do this above playing with many of the toys I have bought/made for him and i don't want him to miss out on playtime. want to upload a pic of him but I dont seem to be able to figure out how if anyone can help with this also that would be great
Thanks
Sarah

found out how i think hope it works
EB.jpg
[/IMG]

Definately not a problem, your bunny loves you. Grooming is something rabbits do an awful lot of, and they will frequently groom a bonded parther. As there is no other rabbit in range, they are showing you the affection.

My Biscuit is a licky monster and licks me head to toe :love:

Thank you Graham I was just a little shocked as to how quickly he started doing this as its only been a week today and been doing this since day 4-5 nice to know im loved though bless him:love:

Back