• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went whale watching in Oban at the weekend - was fab!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
OH bought me a Whale watching trip for my birthday so we went at the weekend. We seen one whale, loads of seals and there were dolphins swimming alongside the boat. My camera is useless at snapping quick so I never got very good pics. We also took Gulliver, the Pledge a Pound fundraising travelling bunny with us, so all of our scenery pics have him in!

123_0403-1.jpg

123_0404-1.jpg

123_0407.jpg

123_0384.jpg

123_0383.jpg

123_0382.jpg

123_0390.jpg

123_0391.jpg

123_0412.jpg

What anamazing experience! Looks like you had amazing weather as well. Gulliver is so cute, love himin the scenery photos!

What a wonderful experience. Love the bunny pics too.

Wonder if they had whale watching up there about 18 years ago ? We went on a holiday to the Isle of Mull for a week with a group of friends, via Oban. I would have loved to have gone whale watching.

What anamazing experience! Looks like you had amazing weather as well. Gulliver is so cute, love himin the scenery photos!

Yip, weather was great :) Didn't rain until we were driving home. Gulliver is cute, was getting asked wht I was taking pics of a bunny!

What a wonderful experience. Love the bunny pics too.

Wonder if they had whale watching up there about 18 years ago ? We went on a holiday to the Isle of Mull for a week with a group of friends, via Oban. I would have loved to have gone whale watching.

Probably wouldn't have been as popular to go on boat trips to see whales a while ago but I'd imagine they would have still had some. You'll just have to go again and do it :)

We do plan doing a Scotland trip next year when my friends come over from Oz. I have been lucky enough to have seen alot of Scotland.

Was it seafarri you went with? We went on one of their trips a few years ago from Skye but they run from Oban as well I think. Stewart and me want to do the same thing at some point this year.

I've been Whale watching up there! We went in little inflatable things that had motors on them, scared the life out of me :lol:
We saw minke whales, porpoises and jellyfish and a few birds. I wanted to see an Orca :(

I've been Whale watching up there! We went in little inflatable things that had motors on them, scared the life out of me :lol:
We saw minke whales, porpoises and jellyfish and a few birds. I wanted to see an Orca :(

Me too, but they are rather rare up there :(

Deffo up there on my animals to see list....one day I deffo will!

I'm very, very green ....with jealousy!!!!!

It looks like you and Gulliver have had a fabulous time.:D:D:D:D

Lucky, lucky you.

Thanks for sharing such great photos with us.

*mumble, mumble, wish I was there....mumble, mumble........*

Back