• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend a rabbit savvy vet in Bedfordshire please?

Dobedo

Young Bun
Hiya

Wondered if anyone can recommend a rabbit savvy vet in Bedfordshire? I'm thinking of getting a new vet who are more knowledgeable with rabbits than my previous vet (I had rabbits yrs ago n although my vet was ok they weren't very knowledgeable about rabbits).

Thanks in anticipation

Debs x

Ahh excellent! Thanks very much for that thread, it's been really helpful.

I used Hardings in Leighton before n wasn't impressed with their rabbit care, always have been great with my cats though. A friend said she heard he new Boness one in flitwick wasn't great for animal care but haven't heard anything first hand but know their other branch in Barton where they are meant to have a good animal hospital is good. Have heard of Ark in Leighton too. So i might enquire at the Ark, make more enquiries about Boness (as they are v nearby) and the Bletchley one although that's a lot further.

Any further info from locals would be greatfully received too!

Thanks again :D

Ahh excellent! Thanks very much for that thread, it's been really helpful.

I used Hardings in Leighton before n wasn't impressed with their rabbit care, always have been great with my cats though. A friend said she heard he new Boness one in flitwick wasn't great for animal care but haven't heard anything first hand but know their other branch in Barton where they are meant to have a good animal hospital is good. Have heard of Ark in Leighton too. So i might enquire at the Ark, make more enquiries about Boness (as they are v nearby) and the Bletchley one although that's a lot further.

Any further info from locals would be greatfully received too!

Thanks again :D

Never ever use Hardings, i wouldn't take a goldfish there :cry:

If you go to Ark House try to see Juliet, if not Lara, they are both excellent :wave:

Someone else on here uses Boness can never remember their user name. Julia Boness herself is brilliant but I don't know about the other individual vets :?

Never ever use Hardings, i wouldn't take a goldfish there :cry:

If you go to Ark House try to see Juliet, if not Lara, they are both excellent :wave:

Someone else on here uses Boness can never remember their user name. Julia Boness herself is brilliant but I don't know about the other individual vets :?

Hey thanks very much Hugo's there, yeah I wasn't impressed with Hardings :( and really want to find a vet with rabbit knowledge. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll prob go with Ark or Boness. Will ring them both and see what they say about their particular vets with rabbit knowledge.

Thanks

X

Thanks for all your help. I've made my enquiries and have booked my rabbits in with Ark for tomorrow morning, they were rescue rabbits from the RSPCA so have their myxi buy need their vhd and a check up. They seemed very nice and helpful, have also registered my two cats with them :)

Thanks for all your help. I've made my enquiries and have booked my rabbits in with Ark for tomorrow morning, they were rescue rabbits from the RSPCA so have their myxi buy need their vhd and a check up. They seemed very nice and helpful, have also registered my two cats with them :)

Great news, hope it goes well. Tracy on reception is an absolute star :D

Just to let you know had the vet visit at the Ark today and they were all wonderful, very kind, helpful staff and a vet who actually seemed interested! Very refreshing! The vet said Bertie's head swaying may be due to his eyes or neurological but he's showing no signs of any thing else wrong. So will keep an eye on him and see how he goes.

Thanks everyone for your help and recommendations :wave:

Back