• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Men's knitted gloves please

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Oddest request ever, but my Hay Monster has to wear a glove sock on his front right leg, over some dressings. It can only be the middle finger. There are hardly any gloves in the shops right now, and I've used all the ones we have here (because most of mine are fingerless, that doesn't help either). they don't last long because they fray quite quick.

So if anyone has knitted gloves for men (not fleece because it needs to be breathable), that they would be willing to send to me for me to cut up and use as a glove sock that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!! I just binned a fair few odd gloves during a clear out at my grans yesterday! Typical!

I'll have a look through my cupboards at home and see if I have any.

Oddest request ever, but my Hay Monster has to wear a glove sock on his front right leg, over some dressings. It can only be the middle finger. There are hardly any gloves in the shops right now, and I've used all the ones we have here (because most of mine are fingerless, that doesn't help either). they don't last long because they fray quite quick.

So if anyone has knitted gloves for men (not fleece because it needs to be breathable), that they would be willing to send to me for me to cut up and use as a glove sock that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

I am sure my mum could easily knit you a load of fingers if you let me know the length I will ask her. She could get them done in a couple of days :wave:

Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!! I just binned a fair few odd gloves during a clear out at my grans yesterday! Typical!

I'll have a look through my cupboards at home and see if I have any.

:lol: I've been meaning to post for a couple of days. This just shows you should do stuff when you know you need to, not after the event. Thanks for looking :)

I am sure my mum could easily knit you a load of fingers if you let me know the length I will ask her. She could get them done in a couple of days :wave:

That would be terrific, if she wouldn't mind :) I'd be more than happy to cover her costs if that helps?

Really they need to be female middle finger length but wider than your average finger (hence why asking for mans gloves). He's only a little lionhead and it's going up halfway towards his elbow, but around dressings as well.

:lol: I've been meaning to post for a couple of days. This just shows you should do stuff when you know you need to, not after the event. Thanks for looking :)

That would be terrific, if she wouldn't mind :) I'd be more than happy to cover her costs if that helps?

Really they need to be female middle finger length but wider than your average finger (hence why asking for mans gloves). He's only a little lionhead and it's going up halfway towards his elbow, but around dressings as well.

Ok I will give her a ring now. I am sure you will have some by the end of the week :wave: At least this way they can be cast off neatly and you dont have to worry about cutting the knitting and it coming undone.

Not sure i still have your address, could you pm me please :wave:

Ok I will give her a ring now. I am sure you will have some by the end of the week :wave: At least this way they can be cast off neatly and you dont have to worry about cutting the knitting and it coming undone.

Not sure i still have your address, could you pm me please :wave:

Liz that's so amazing, thank you so much! And thank you to your mum too.

Would the tubes of knitting that kids make on a wooden knitting doll with the 4 pins on its head be wide enough?

My Mum is good, she said she can send some out to you tomorrow :shock: . I am searching to see if i still have your address.......

My Mum is good, she said she can send some out to you tomorrow :shock: . I am searching to see if i still have your address.......

:shock: Crikey! Shall I PM you my address? If I wanted to send your mum a thank you, could I send it to you for you to pass on? Also, would she like any costs (incl. postage in that) reimbursed?

:shock: Crikey! Shall I PM you my address? If I wanted to send your mum a thank you, could I send it to you for you to pass on? Also, would she like any costs (incl. postage in that) reimbursed?

No costs needed but she would love a thank you card, I know it would mean a lot to her. I will pm you her address so she can get it direct :wave:

So you want people to give you the middle finger? :lol:

PM me your address and I'll post you my old gloves today.

This morning I received 9 fingers in the post :D I shall post a photo later of a certain someone moddling them. From first look they look perfect. Thank you for asking your mum Liz :) I shall send her a card and thank you from us :)

This thread has made me giggle :oops::lol: but it's also great to see people helping each other out. :D I hope the fingers do the job. :thumb:

Back