• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So my Husband went a bit crazy and bought....

chul

Staff member
Two ducklings...

IMG_20120610_203209.jpg

IMG_20120610_202938.jpg

IMG_20120610_203110.jpg

IMG_20120610_205602.jpg

He has already spent the evening building them a wooden sleeping box for when they go outside, and will this week be making them a secure part of the garden with a pond :D

The bigger one is called Omelette and the smaller one is Eggburt

Last edited:
They're adorable! Will they be okay with all your cats around though? :shock:

At the moment they will be kept separate indoors, and then once outside, they will be in a very secure bit of garden from foxes etc!

So cute, :love: but be warned they poop so much. My aunts chicken was a revelation. Her chicken loved nothing more than getting in and do it all over the carpet. Since mum was the one who always left the door open, I left her to it. :lol:

So cute, :love: but be warned they poop so much. My aunts chicken was a revelation. Her chicken loved nothing more than getting in and do it all over the carpet. Since mum was the one who always left the door open, I left her to it. :lol:

:lol: Yup! They pooped all over my Inlaws carpet :mrgreen:

I struggle to believe you when you say no more animals!
They're adorable, I wouldn't have a clue how to look after them! Post more pics!

Awwwwww so cute!

Do you have to have a big pond for them? (I know nothing about keeping ducklings!).

Awwwwww so cute!

Do you have to have a big pond for them? (I know nothing about keeping ducklings!).

Not a big pond no, these were the smallest adult ducks that they did and will be about the same size as our wild ducks.

Wow !

I didn't know you could keep ducks as pets in Britain :oops:

Post pics of their setup soon too :D

Can rabbits and ducks play ?:lol:

the problem with ducks is that they make so much smelly poo!!!

but they are lovely to keep. We had two LARGE Welsh Harlequin (a sort of double sized mallard crossed with a runner) but had to have a HUGE pond pump installed and running 24/7 to try and keep the pond clean .

They are also defenceless against foxes - generally the heavier breeds cannot fly or run - so need very very careful locking up and prtection.

the problem with ducks is that they make so much smelly poo!!!

but they are lovely to keep. We had two LARGE Welsh Harlequin (a sort of double sized mallard crossed with a runner) but had to have a HUGE pond pump installed and running 24/7 to try and keep the pond clean .

They are also defenceless against foxes - generally the heavier breeds cannot fly or run - so need very very careful locking up and prtection.

:thumb:

Ours will be indoors until I am 100% sure that what OH builds is secure enough! (Despite it being very awkward having them inside :lol: )

Back