• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you recommend me a carrier? Question post 12

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm trying to buy one online but the dimensions a re probably overall and not the floor space dimensions. :?
I've got a buggy type thing that the carry case sits on which is 38cm wide but I need a bigger carrier because my bun buns are so big. It originally came with a canvas one but Smoo ate the zip when we were on the train and it became a little dangerous. So it has to be plastic. :)

I should have said my buns are just over 3kg each, so pretty large. Grim has frenchie in him so he's very long as well when he lies down.
I did look at those ones, what is the floor space like? I wish they'd tell you that on the description. :roll:

I bought the carrier in the link for Tink and Rudy. Tink is about 3kg and Rudy 2.8kg - there is no way I'd shut them both in there, I use it for Tink on her own now, if the need arises. I have used it for a short trip for local vets with Binky and Shadow in, they are about 2.4/2.6 but even then I wouldn't have used it for a long journey for them. The carrier is good on height but floor space not to big.

I bought the carrier in the link for Tink and Rudy. Tink is about 3kg and Rudy 2.8kg - there is no way I'd shut them both in there, I use it for Tink on her own now, if the need arises. I have used it for a short trip for local vets with Binky and Shadow in, they are about 2.4/2.6 but even then I wouldn't have used it for a long journey for them. The carrier is good on height but floor space not to big.

Thanks. I wish I could find something the size of the original fabric carrier. It went straight up at the sides whereas most plastic carriers stick out at the sides where the clips are. I need it for a seven hour trip.

Missed off

BARC bunnys are nawty but nice bunnys I just had my recently bereaved smudge a BARC bunny Bonded with the Mad Hatter can't wait to go get em :wave:

Last edited:
Hi

the pet carriers from argos are fab, easy to clean, portable and long lasting - here are the size of the large one costs around £21:

•External size: H55, W36, D33cm.

here's the link:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/006269.htm

our 2 rabbits have plenty of room to to move around in it and we keep it in the run open as a hidey hole for the rest of the year.

you like?

The ones in your Ebay links- we have had ones very similar to each of those (albeit in different sizes), and I would go for the second one.
The first one has more rounded edges, which makes the whole thing seem just slightly smaller to me - I would guess the floor space will be sllightly larger in the second one. Also, the top opening is extremely useful.

Although - perhaps check if there's a maximum recommended weight for the second one? If it is like ours (ours is an Atlas), then the top, which obviously supports the handle, is held closed by two plastic sliding clips - might be worth checking they can cope with 6 kg of bunny (ours are only 3 kg combined, so I can't advise!)

I have one! Apart from I got it from the RSPCA cattery and I just have to give a donation for it. :D
I tried it out today and there is oodles of room. Grim was super stretched out there and back. :D:D

Back