• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

female rabbits all of a sudden weeing EVERYWHERE!

emileemason

Warren Scout
I have two female rabbits (Oscar & Bella) in a hutch together and they are usually pretty good at using their litter tray, there's only one other spot in the hutch where they tend to wee if they decide to not use the tray.

All of a sudden they wee in every possible spot, not only in the corners but under their wooden tunnel, in the middle of the hutch, everywhere!
They aren't neutered yet, but will be soon! But i don't know what would be causing them to do this all of a sudden??

It could just be one of them doing this but I can't really tell. And after they've wee'd everywhere they just see the whole hutch as a litter tray and decide to poop everywhere to, this makes cleaning a huge task!

Any advice??
Iv'e tried scrubbing it out with vinegar..

If they aren't spayed then it could probably be hormones making them mark their territories :) be careful they don't start fighting as you'll have to separate them and wait 6-8 weeks until after they are spayed to re-bond them :)

yeah maybe hormones i guess, but i just thought maybe not as hormones usually start up at like 4months or so, and they are both over a year old, Oscar is Bella's mum so they have been together forever, so hopefully they won't have any fights or anything so no need to re-bond..
..although i'm hoping to bond them to my other two buns anyways (after all have been neutered) so either way i'm gonna be bonding though!

It could be that one of the buns is becoming more dominant and as said earlier they could fall out even mums and daughters. I hope not.

My Bella does this sometimes when she's hormonal....usually she's as good as gold, always using the litter trays.....but every once in a while she goes a bit crazy and decides to wee all over the place.

Oscar has always been the more dominant one, Bella is shy and just moves out of the way when Oscar barges into her..
And it seems the same now still, doesnt seem like Bella is trying to be more dominant...
And i guess i'll just have to live with it for now :l
Maybe i could swap them and another one of my rabbits (like hutches) and that might stop them for a while.. i want to get them used to each others smells anyway because after they are desexed i want to bond them together.

If they aren't spayed then it could probably be hormones making them mark their territories :) be careful they don't start fighting as you'll have to separate them and wait 6-8 weeks until after they are spayed to re-bond them :)

:thumb:

Back