• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feel like giving up

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
and leaving her on her own.

i have tried and tried now to find a male friend for Whisky but there is nothing down this way and when i go on to rabbits in need they are all too far away and say that they cant travel that far!!

will she be ok on her own she seems happy now :?

Have you maybe looked at rescues that will rehome nationally :) I'm sure the lovely people on RU could help with a bunny run if it meant finding whiskey a partner?!

I'm sure someone will pop along with some advice - don't give up

I live in Newcastle, one of my buns came from Tameside and one came from Southampton! Many rescues will rehome nationally and arrange a bunny run.

do they have a website and where are they

BARC are in Barnsley. If you type Barnsley Animal Rescue Centre in to Google, you should find them.

I've never been, but plenty of people on here have BARC bunnies - Wendle and Barnyard Bunnies have recently adopted from BARC. I don't know how to link to other threads, but if you look for Barn Yard Bunnies recent post on Bandit (who I think is arriving today!), you might find more info.

Bunnymadhouse is on RU - she runs the bunny side of BARC I think.

Good luck!

BARC are in Barnsley. If you type Barnsley Animal Rescue Centre in to Google, you should find them.

I've never been, but plenty of people on here have BARC bunnies - Wendle and Barnyard Bunnies have recently adopted from BARC. I don't know how to link to other threads, but if you look for Barn Yard Bunnies recent post on Bandit (who I think is arriving today!), you might find more info.

Bunnymadhouse is on RU - she runs the bunny side of BARC I think.

Good luck!

Thank you

Giving up is very defeatist, just see it as not finding the perfect friend for Stumpy yet. Sometimes you have to be patient, and when you find the right bun, he will be worth all this work and wait.

Just keep looking until the perfect chap shows up :)

I live in Havant, so very near to you, and I've adopted six buns from BARC over the years. Angie rehomes nationally and I've found members of RU are incredibly helpful with regard to bunny runs as I couldn't do the whole trip there and back myself (have arthritis in my knees and shoulders and a manual car).

If you could cover petrol costs I would be happy to do part of a bun run if Angie had a suitable bun for you. I also do bonding (to help towards the cost of my own buns' vaccinations) if it's difficult for you to find a neutral space.

I live in Havant, so very near to you, and I've adopted six buns from BARC over the years. Angie rehomes nationally and I've found members of RU are incredibly helpful with regard to bunny runs as I couldn't do the whole trip there and back myself (have arthritis in my knees and shoulders and a manual car).

If you could cover petrol costs I would be happy to do part of a bun run if Angie had a suitable bun for you. I also do bonding (to help towards the cost of my own buns' vaccinations) if it's difficult for you to find a neutral space.

Thank you for your help x

BARC are brilliant - Ted and Rosie are both BARC bunnies. Loads of people on here have adopted from there, they rehome all over. They are full at the moment as well so sure to have some possible husbun for Whiskey (who's gorgeous by the way).

There is a cat and rabbit rescue centre in Chichester, I'm not sure how far they are willing to go to do home checks ect, they say just locally but they may be persuaded???

www.crrc.co.uk

If you need any help with bunny runs ect I'm in Chi which is quite local, if you let me know what you need then I'm sure I'll be able to help!

BARC are brilliant - Ted and Rosie are both BARC bunnies. Loads of people on here have adopted from there, they rehome all over. They are full at the moment as well so sure to have some possible husbun for Whiskey (who's gorgeous by the way).

Everyone needs a BARC bunny in their life :) goes off to nosey on the site :)

Agree with the BARC comments :) I used to work for them (with dogs/cats) and visited the buns a few times, the staff are always friendly and the buns are very well looked after, If I was to get another bun, id be choosing BARC 100% :thumb:

Back