• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My bunny (Cuddles) escaped!

Natty123

Warren Scout
Hi all,
This morning I went outside to feed the bunnies and I found that the wind had blown down a gate in the girls' run, creating a small gap. Luckily, only one rabbit found it and managed to get out. I found her in the neighbours garden, she and other rabbits have been there before quite a few times, and brought her back to the cage. She is now acting very strange, sitting in one corner of the cage on her own just hunched up. She is possibly pregnant, as we bred her just under a month ago and I am wondering if this is anything to do with it. Or maybe because she is just annoyed that she is back in her cage again? But please, I'm not asking for any advice on breeding because I have done lots of research and have bred other rabbits before. What I'm worried about is if she has eaten something that she shouldn't have.
My other rabbit free ranges in the day and is locked in a hutch and run at night. He was with her in the neighbours garden for a little bit (my neighbour spotted them together) but not all morning like she was. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it :(

Possibly, but she has been into that garden before and hasn't acted like this when she got back in. If anybody knows which flowers are poisonous to rabbits, would you be able to post them? :oops:

she sounds scared to me. could your male bunny have been chasing and harassing her? being pregnant aswell might be making her anxious and scared.

Thank you for the link! I will be reading through that in a minute! Yes, my male rabbit had possibly been chasing her, although she would easily be able to hop away in the large area. Would you have thought rabbits would stay away from poisonous plants? There were a few poppies and flowers in the neighbours garden, but I did have a look and I didn't see any 'munch' marks. Do you think it may be a sign that she will give birth tonight? I'm so worried about her as she is usually one of the more dominant of the girls and she is just staying completely away from them. Although she was nibbling on some grass and drinking :roll:

I'm not sure domestic rabbits are that good at not eating poisonous plants. I know Doughnut was happily munching on a couple of creeping buttercups last weekend until I realised they are toxic to her! I've got an outside enclosure for her since she's an indoor rabbit so she can't get out and the cats/foxes can't get in and she can't munch my flowers. She seems to eat anything if it's put in front of her.

Back