• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fatty-Mouse goes to a rat show

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Stewart, Mouse and me all attended the Scottish rat club show in Glasgow today and we entered Mouse in the pet section. She took the prize for:

Best Pet
Best Rescue Pet
Best Pet Doe
Best Adult Owned Doe

It was lovely to see such fine looking rats who were all in tip top condition and were all perfectly laid back about what was going on. Most of them had gone to sleep within the hour and there was agility and stalls there as well. Myself and Stewart signed up to the club which is aiming to encourage good husbandry and responsible breeding. There was one breeder there today and another didn't make it. They require you to fill out a questionnaire before you're allowed to buy kittens and you have to sign a contract that the rats will be returned to the breeder should you find yourself unable to care for them. Their rats were stunning to look at especially the boys who were all about twice the size of Stewart's pet shop boys.

Here's a wee picture of Mouse and her rosettes. She's a great wee girl and doesn't look all of her 2 years of age. Her and her litter-mates were all dumped along with their mother outside an SSPCA centre. Myself and a friend went through to look at the babies with the intention of taking 2 for me. Rather predictably we came away with 4 each and left mum with her smallest babies. That was back in 2010.

MousePrizes.jpg

Well done! :thumb::love: I'm hoping to go to a NERS show in August, will be my first rat show and I've always wanted to go to one! Not taking any ratties with me though, would if they were younger/the show was closer though :)

Back