• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbits, New house and more new arrivals coming!(some pics too)

amor2429

Young Bun
Hey all!
Me and my girlfriend moved house about a week ago. New place and better for us and the rabbits and the pony in the backyard! :)

598657_4099042753840_738430212_n.jpg

Splotches is the harlequin, Hops is the blue and Cuddles is my bad bad girl...the orange one haha
581314_4099027113449_1416236179_n.jpg

We should be getting a brand new lovely MASSIVE cage for them that sits on the grass outside which will be great...
And also my gf just bought her first little Black Lop buck...On the 8th of July i am getting a purebred registered black butterfly dwarf lop doe...and soon after we will be getting the registry for breeders in NSW of rabbits
AND THEN! We are going to get a registered show worthy dwarf lop buck and start a ddwarf lop breeding place...
Does anyone know of any purebred registereddwarf lops breeder in the greater taree nsw area? we dont! so we thought we would start one... :)

Lack of replies may be due to this being a pro RESCUE forum and not a breeders forum. Golden bunnies is more for breeders. If you look in the stickies you will find a thread for those thinking of breeding.

cute rabbits :love::love:

I dont know about the rabbit situation in aussie but this forum is pro rescue so many would suggest instead of breading rabbits, rescue some and find them homes instead.

Here in the Uk there are so many rabbits in need of homes that breeding more only adds to the problem.

Im not against breeding when done right, when the rabbits are happy etc... but I support rescues.

I was under the strong impression that Tamsin created this forum to be inclusive of everyone, whether they be breeders or not, to try and help improve welfare of all rabbits.

Sending breeders away to 'breeder' forums (of which Goldenbunnies definitely isn't anyway - but that's another point!) isn't really in alignment with the ethos 'Working in Harmony' and I think a negative thing to do. Giving advice to breeders to improve welfare/make them consider breeding more seriously would have been a better idea, rather than just sending them away and making them feel unwelcome.

I know we are all pro rescue (and I couldn't be more pro rescue myself), but it doesn't mean we have to automatically shun all breeders as a lot of them may be naieve, uninformed etc and it is our job to correct that and offer correct information.

I would also like to say (although mods - if mentioning other forums isn't allowed please remove this line) that Goldenbunnies is NOT a breeder forum. It is a general pet bunny forum and has rescue fundraising and rehoming threads just like this one.

I think the reason people were reffering her to another forums is because she was asking a question specifically related to breeding, which people here probably wouldnt be able to answer, not just because they aren't rescue rabbits.

Gorgeous bunnies :love:

Back