• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramp Problem

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I've put Lucky into his hutch and run combo. He successfully climbed down from the hutch using the ramp. But I don't think he knows how to go up. :(

I want to bring him back in. If he's not gone up in the next half an hour then I'm going to bring him in.

I've put treats at the top of the hutch so he can smell them and go up.

Any suggestions? :wave:

Usually they have more of a problem going down the ramp rather than coming up, so he probably just doesn't want to go up into the hutch. If you're worried though, there's no reason why you can't go out and gently place him on the bottom of the ramp to see if he will go up on his own, and if he won't you can pick him up and pop him back up the top. If he can come down it I think he will probably be fine, but it might be worth making sure there is some food and water down at the bottom as well until you are certain that he is using it both ways. Some bunnies don't take well to ramps at all and prefer to have them taken out and a coulple of boxes put there as stepping stones instead - see how he goes and that may be a possibility for you to consider. But I reckon he will be fine in a day or two :D

I agree with Santa that it's usually the going down that they're more hesitant about. When my two were in a similar set up they'd spend the majority of their time downstairs in the run - I think they liked the fact that they could see all around them - so it could just be that Lucky is content where he is & just isn't tempted by the food at the moment.

Thanks. It's windy outside everyone's telling me to bring him in. Should I?
Is it too windy for outdoor hutch rabbits?

Where is Lucky normally kept at the moment? I think it's fine for outdoor bunnies who are usually outdoors, as long as they have a cosy hutch to snuggle into, as they will be used to it. If lucky is usually indoors, then I would suggest bringing him back in overnight, as it is quite cold outside still even though it is June, he will probably be ok if his hutch is snuggly but it is probably better for him to be back inside overnight if he is used to being indoors and you have somewhere suitable to put him.

Lucky

I think you should bring him in,
Th weather has been apauling he may be cold
You never know

I think they prefer to be out in it. I have taught mine the ramp before using treats on the 'steps' but you need a nice day to sit out there and tempt them up and down. Benji and Lilou used to sit outside in all weathers including snow and gale force winds.

has he just been put outdoors from being a house rabbit? in which case yes bring him back indoors until the weather picks up :wave:

Back