• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you bring a gift back for your petsitter?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
When you've been on holiday or just away and you've paid someone to board the bunnies/pets do you bring that person a gift back?

If a neighbour has popped in I do tend to give them a bottle or two of wine or a box of beer rather than a gift from where I've been...except when we went to Bakewell, then I bought back some classic tarts!

If a friend looks after them for free then yes but if i pay for them to go into boarding no because i've paid for them to be there. :wave:

^^ This, only we did once board our buns with a friend who had a boarding place. So we'd paid but as she was a friend we still bought her a gift. Always something topical to the place, person or pet!

I gave our neighbour some chocs and some wine when they popped in twice a day for our bunnies and when my friend has my budgies at her house I always bring her something edible back. However, when we go away for 11 days in August we're paying for the rabbits to go there and it's costing nigh on £70, but I might get her something relatively cheap; we all like extra thank yous afterall. Plus, I feel that if you get them an extra something (even a box of chocs for £1 or something) they may be inclined to look after the buns extra nicely the next time!

only ever boarded dogs once at my pet stop and as we had been to Blackpool i brought a load of rock back for the staff just as a thankyou. i was a kennel maid for years while i was still at school and the money is terrible so just wanted to give something as a token of appreciation for those that do the hard work.

only time we have left bunnies a neighbour looked after them for me and again i got him some biccies, also l return the favour by seeing to his cats quite a lot.

i look after others pets more than send mine out, it is nice to get a little thankyou especially when you save someone a lot of money on boarding. i am more than happy with just a cheap bottle of wine or bunch of flowers but to be honest i love looking after any animal so i never really expect anything.

I've received gifts sometimes for attending on my dear little rabbit nephew. I don't really think of this as a pet-sitting, as I am so fond of the little fellow I get as much as I give out of visiting him. :oops:

I have so many pets that my Mum has to move in when I go away. I leave her a present to open for every day we're away :oops:

My brother usually lives at our house when we go away. So we tend to buy him lots of nice food in for the duration of our holiday, then a card and a present when we get back.

I have a work friend stay when we go away.

I've just got back yesterday from NY and she has lived in and looked after 14 animals and the house for a week, so I pay her £30 a day and bring her a nice big pressie too - I wouldn't be able to enjoy my hols if I hadn't got her to rely on :D

I bring a little gift back from wherever I've been, because my boarders are fab and don't charge enough!

Before my best friend had a baby, she used to come and stay for the week - I used to stock the house with nice food, leave her a couple of bottles of wine and usually give her £20 vouchers for whatever she needed at the time. And yeah I would buy her a little gift too.

no i dont when I'm boarding them but last year I couldn't board them so my neighbours looked after them so I brought back wine and flowers and little present for their 13 year old daughter who helped.

It's normally my parents that are looking after them, so I get them some kind of present, yes.

I have to board my bunnies if I go away and I usually also give a bottle of wine or chocs when I pick them up! They are my world and I'm very grateful to have someone look after them properly :D

usually when my parents go away i'm still at home with the animals

but when we all go away we've got a couple of friends who come and move in for the time we're away coz as well as the bunnies theres 5 cats and our dog and we usually give them money for food and then bring them back a little present from where ever we've been to :D

As a paid petsitter and small animal boarder , i never expect gifts but we do get some usually chocolate sometimes wine , once i was brought back some whitby lemon sole which was scummy, we have also had mead from Lindasfarne and honey from all over the country.

Back