• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling down...

vergo97

Warren Scout
I've just been feeling a bit bad about the life my rabbit, Freddy, is having.

He lives in a small two-level hutch, probably about 3-4 foot, and isn't in the best condition. It can be hard to access parts of it and some of the wood has expanded/cracked. It's attached to a 5x2 foot run which I managed to get a few months ago which has given him more space but I know it isn't enough, and there isn't much room for toys.

He isn't neutered and is alone because my mum doesn't want another rabbit and thinks it isn't worth neutering him because she thinks he will only be around for a year or so (he's 7/8 and a dwarf lop). I don't have any money to get him neutered, and he also isn't vaccinated for the same reasons he isn't neutered. I wish I had found this forum when we first got him, he might have been neutered and vaccinated when he was younger.

He is difficult to get out of his hutch sometimes, and when I put him back in he stamps at me. He's not aggressive though and he might get on with another rabbit and be much happier, but there isn't enough room and my mum doesn't want another.

I know that to bond with him I can sit by the hutch, talk to him etc... But he just ignores me. He is best when he is in my room because he will come up to me a bit, but that can only be a few days a week (my parents are divorced and I go to my dad’s half the week) and I worry that it stresses him out being taken out of his hutch and put somewhere he doesn't know too well.

:(

It sounds like you are doing as much as you can for Freddy, which is all you can do really. I'm sure it can't be easy when you are living in 2 different places. It does sound like he has a much better life than a lot of bunnies though. One of my bunnies usually ignores me as well. Oliver always comes bounding over to see if I have treats. I definitely recommend bribery!

Back