• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The last line on the vaccination card ....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
... am I barmy that it felt like tempting fate to fill it in? :? :oops: :oops:

Because of Artie's health issues over the last year I just couldn't bring myself to be in a position of having the last line filled in, just in case it was literally the last line we filled in :cry:

Would anybody else have thought like that? Is it a really strange thought? He's been with me for 7.5 years and had so many vaccinations in that time but 'completing the card' just felt like something I couldn't do. So, do you pretend you've forgotten the vaccination card or have the last line filled in or... admit to the vet that you don't want it filled in? :shock::lol::lol: Luckily, I judged right and the vet knew without me explaining why I didn't want 'the last line' filling in and asked if making a new card was as bad. Urm.:? So, the record went on the back of his vaccination card. Phew, crisis over :D

To be completely honest, to me it's just a piece of card that helps me remember when their jabs are due- so no I wouldn't think like that.
I can understand why you do though.

To be completely honest, to me it's just a piece of card that helps me remember when their jabs are due- so no I wouldn't think like that.
I can understand why you do though.

It's funny because some of the other cards only have two lines left on the and it doesn't matter at all, not because it's different bunnies but I think it's purely because I thought I was going to lose him last year and I have to keep pinching myself to believe he's still with me.

:wave:Oh and, thanks for answering, I thought I was going to be having a conversation with myself on this one :lol::lol:

Last edited:
i remember with rosie, and when it got to end line on hers, and thinking gosh do they expect bunnies to have left us by a certain age, she got a new card, and since then, they are new ones now and have many lines, but i understand how you are feeling

It's funny because some of the other cards only have two lines left on the and it doesn't matter at all, not because it's different bunnies but I think it's purely because I thought I was going to lose him last year and I have to keep pinching myself to believe he's still with me.

:wave:Oh and, thanks for answering, I thought I was going to be having a conversation with myself on this one :lol::lol:

Well I might feel differently if I had an elderly, poorly bun, I'm not really sure!

with my old bunny Snowy who lived to 11, He finished his vaccine card and only managed to get one on the new one, he died in July 2011

Ours fill it in, sign it, put the sticker on then stamp over it with the surgery stamp, very thorough :D Funnily enough I calculated how old they'd be by the end of the card as it's only one vac per year now. It would take them to 11 yrs old :D

Back