• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever used RSPCA neutering/spaying vouchers for their bunnies?

Jess2107

Warren Scout
Iv just seen a post on a facebook page and a girl had phoned the RSPCA about rabbit neutering/spaying, they do it, but you have to be claiming benefits.. Well I might be cheeky and see if I pass as im currently on job seekers :oops: then I can get lavender done as I was going to wait until Id got another job but I like the idea on saving pennies ;) has anyone else ever used them for spaying? x

We were giving out Staffie neutering vouchers a little while ago for people on benefits. Jobseekers counted for us so you should be okay. :)

They can offer you £20 towards the cost of a neuter/spay. You will need to check which vets they are offering it at and if you would be comfortable with your rabbit going to that vets for an invasive operation.

Also, the vouchers are there to be used by people that need them. If you need the voucher, then by all means apply because that's what they are there for :) but if you don't need it, but want it, then you might need to consider if the scheme is designed for someone who just wants it.

My sister's bun has gone to the vets today to be spayed, she paid £30 to the RSPCA for the voucher (it's £25 for a male) and it covered the full cost of the operation and I'm assuming it covers the meds she'll need to take home too.

My sister's bun has gone to the vets today to be spayed, she paid £30 to the RSPCA for the voucher (it's £25 for a male) and it covered the full cost of the operation and I'm assuming it covers the meds she'll need to take home too.

That's interesting. I was told ours came from the National RSPCA, and it was the value of £20 and doesn't cover the whole cost. I wonder why it varies. My apologies for giving inaccurate info out.

That's interesting. I was told ours came from the National RSPCA, and it was the value of £20 and doesn't cover the whole cost. I wonder why it varies. My apologies for giving inaccurate info out.

I'm not sure whether it varies between vets or from area to area. I've heard before that they don't cover the full cost so it may not be incorrect info you're giving out :) My sister got her voucher from Wirral RSPCA.

Back