• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding started today!

Zara

Mama Doe
So it was time for Jack and Rascal's first proper nose-to-nose meeting since Jack's snip. Their cages have been next to each other for the past couple of weeks, but I was pretty nervous, this is my third male-male pair despite me promising myself to go straight this time :lol: but I fell in love with Jack, previously named Fudge, who'd been handed in by his previous owners (who hadn't even been bothering to feed him most days so he was very underweight :evil:) and despite seeming a bit... dopey... he's very friendly and docile.

So I moved both bunnies into the tiny bathroom (the neutral territory) and was ready to pounce at any sign of trouble, but everything went pretty well for the first "date" both rabbits curiously sniffed each other and with a bit of encouragement lay down next to each other and exchanged a bit of timid grooming. It's obvious that the dominant bun will be Rascal :lol: Jack is so quiet and docile, Rascal is loud and demanding. For half an hour all that really happened was gentle nudging, ear-grooming, and snuggling. I'm taking it verrrry slowly, but so far, promising start. Wish me luck that it keeps going well :D

Also, I've yet to post any photos of Jack yet, I must hop to it!

Back