• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Mr Flops

Matthew

New Kit
Hi

I'm new to this and decided to post because most people I talk to about the loss of our little rabbit don't really understand. You've probably all heard it before "it's just a rabbit"

I've used the site and forums before to nurse our little rabbit flopsy through GI Stasis in the past. This time we just couldn't get him better and I came home from work on Sunday to find my wife I tears :(

He had such a good life and until falling ill a few days before he passed away he appeared happier than ever! Doing binkys all over the house! He was really active and a cheeky little rabbit. He Would come up to you n snuggle down when he wanted a head scratch n little stroke but would also run away when he wanted his alone time :)

He had a healthy diet and had an entire rabbit friendly house to run around. We were about to adopt a little companion for him but then he got ill.We have no idea how it happened and the vets just couldn't help.

He's our first ever rabbit and pet and the house just isn't the same without him. We miss him so much! I just thought it would help to write on hear and share with you all how amazing this little rabbit was.

I never realised how much character rabbits have and how much happiness they bring! Flops was a member of our Famiy and a massive part of our lives, one we will miss but never forget!

Thanks for the memories mr flops!

I am so sorry about Mr Flops, it is always heartbreaking when they go. Everyone here understands the pain of losing a much loved bunny.

Aww I'm so sorry Flopsy has gone :( rabbits are just a joy, so many people don't understand, but everyone on here feels the same, it's awesome to be able to share bunny things with like minded people :wave: stick around, share some photos, and maybe one day you'll feel ready to share your home with some more bunnies x

I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: Rabbits are very special creatures that few understand and get to share their lives with in the way you both did. I am sure you will miss him very much always but it sounds like he had an amazing life with you. :love:

Perhaps as time goes by and the pain lessens you could both open your hearts to another rescue bun, maybe even a pair! ;)

Take your time to grieve, it is normal. He sounded like a super bun xx

sounds like he was very lucky with the owners he had. :love: so sorry for your loss. it's so very hard when they pass. they are so so special, amazing animals. xxx

love the pics. he reminds me of my bunny bisc. :love:

Aw Mr Flops was beautiful :love::love::love: Some amazing photos , lots of character in his little face and he looks so happy sprinting round your garden :love:. Everyone here knows how hard it is to lose a much loved bunny:cry:, your grief just shows how much you cared about him and is something to be proud of - so many would not be capable of such love for one of these amazing furry creatures.

You'll find lots of like minded people here, I hope one day you feel you can provide a lovely home for another bunny or two, so many poor bunnies in rescue waiting for homes just like yours.

Wow thanks for the kind comments guys.

I'll upload pics very soon... In the mean time you can find some at this web address below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_claire/sets/72157625488288768/

Awwww he was gorgeous! I love this pic:
set-72157625488288768

What a beautiful bunny and its obvious he was very muched loved and had a wonderful life with you
Im so sorry for your loss, we all know just how hard it is :(

Same:(

This is exactly what happened to my bunny Loppy. :'( He was fine in the morning, then he wasnt eating or anything :'( Maybe Loppy and your bun will meet at the rainbow bridge <3 The vets said bunnys go down very fast:'( people took the mick out of me, because i had to stay off school for a couple of days and they said 'its just a rabbit'. i ignored them, its the best thing to do<3
Lots of love <3
Loppy2

R.I.P and binky free mr flopsy ! <3

Wow once again thank you guys!

Your words mean a lot, I've shown my wife what you've all said and it's reduced her to tears (the happy ones) :)

Never wanted another rabbit because it was so hard to deal with losing flops but you've all reminded us of the good times.

hopefully speak to you all again soon.

Back